"Seventh Day Slumber's new album "Finally Awake" is Christ worthy rock that I believe any Christian rock fan is going to love.
1. Awake 10/10 - This is a very heavy and solid rock track. The vocals are spot on, and the guitar will totally rock you. The lyrics have to do with peer pressure, and trying to look like someone else instead of yourself. Wonderful song.
2. Last Regret 7/10 - A metal fashioned lament, woeing the singers lost years without Christ. A good strong melody, and wonderful guitar save this song, as the vocals resort to screaming more than once.
3. Missing Pages 10/10 - Wonderful tune. This is the CD's main radio hit, and it shines. Basically this song speaks out to lost people who have built walls around their hearts and souls.
4. My Only Hope 10/10 - Great rock song about Christ being our only hope. One of the heavier songs on the album.
5. Always 9/10 - Great acoustic drven ballad.
6. Breaking Away 10/10 - My favorite ballad on the album. The change from verse to chorus is amazingly unique, and the lyrics are so encouraging. "Breaking away, from everything that's hopeless, the world ahead looks wonderful today."
7. Burning Bridges 10/10 - The next great fist pumper on the album. I like to listen to this one cranked up.
8. Undone 10/10 - A wonderful ballad that finds the band crying out to Jesus, asking for restoration.
9. On My Way Home 9/10 - Yet another great ballad.
10. Broken Buildings 10/10 - Heavy rock set to a punk beat and a major key, I love it.
11. Every Saturday 8/10 - Great closing number, not as great as "Breaking Away" or "Undone" but a good slow song to close the album.
Overall this is a great CD that I hope you get the chance to enjoy."
Shirley G. Swenson | 08/23/2007
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Gift for my Granddaughter and she loved it. Arrived on time and in excellent new condition."
GOOD rock cd.
Rock God | USA | 07/18/2007
(5 out of 5 stars)
"A little heavier, and all around a little more even. I'm liking this cd alot more than the last two. Never really been a big fan but this album makes me reconsider. Best song is without a doubt Awake but there's lots of winners on here."
By Far SDS's best effort!
D. F. Smith | Punxsutawney, PA USA | 07/07/2007
(4 out of 5 stars)
"I had heard SDS's first two releases and thought that they were good, heart pumping rock. But I was not ready for this CD. With new producer, Paul Ebersold (Third Day- Wire) onboard, SDS has released a far superior effort to their first two CDs (and I liked those). The sound is bigger, the drums hit louder, and the guitars are fuller. The overall sound of the CD is simalar to Nickleback, but heavier. My one complaint is that most of the really good songs are at the beginning, but the whole CD is very listenable. Having seen these guys live, I am really impressed with their ministry. They are one of the few bands that don't put out that "Rock star" vibe. All in all, a very good hard rock CD. It stands up well against their mainstream counterparts."