A Couple Of Real Hits And A Bunch of Misses, but better than
Luis D. Vargas | Ponce, Puerto Rico | 12/13/2006
(3 out of 5 stars)
"Ok here's how I rate these songs: 1.) Fergie; London Bridge: Overrated: 3 of 5 2.) Nelly Furtado: Promiscuous: Nice song, sounds nothing like here previous work: 5 of 5 3.) PCD: Buttons: Nice song: 4 of 5 4.) JT: SexyBack: Good: 5 of 5 5.) Christina Aguilera: Good, but not her best: 4 of 5 6.) Beyonce: Deja vu: Alright song but it gets tiring fast: 4 of 5 7.) Cherish: Do It to it: wack: 2 of 5 8.) Kelis: Bossy: nothing near good of milkshake: 2 of 5 9.) Chingy: Pullin Me Back: is wack: 1 of 5 10.) Lyfe Jennings: S.E.X.: w.a.c.k.: 1 of 5 11.) Ne-Yo: Sexy Love: nice song, it kind of sounds like Human Nature by Michael Jackson: 5 of 5 12.) Rihanna: Unfaithful: she does not have the voice to sing slow songs: 3 of 5 13.) JoJo: Too Little Too Late: alrigh song: 4 of 5 14.) Nick Lachey: I Can't Hate You Anymore: alright song but get over it: 4 of 5 15.) Teddy Geiger: These Walls: more cheese from this you outta (not) know artist: 1 of 5 16.) Jessica Simpson: A Public Affair: more like a cheesy copy of Holiday: 2 of 5 17: OK GO: Here It Goes Again: it's here because of the goofy treadmill video: 3 of 5 18.) Hinder: lips Of An Angel: it tries to sound like an 80's power ballad until the way the singer says "sweet", it brings it back to earlier this decade (Dude, Where's My Car), and the song is a bit overrated: 3 of 5 19.) Nickelback: Far Away: you can't go wrong with Nickelback: 5 of 5 20.) Kenny Chesney: Summertime: I reckon is ok for a country song, but what is it doing in a pop album? 1 of 5
This collection os songs better than the previous two 62 of 100, 3 stars"
Luis D. Vargas | 11/13/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"1. Fergie- London Bridge -This song is great!! It's got such a great beat, rhythm, and melody, even my mom was dancing to it!! In public!!(well, she was ABOUT TO; I would have NEVER allowed her to actually do it :-D) The lyrics are really catchy, but don't watch the music video, because then you really realize what they mean,........it's still a great song though!!
2. Nelly Furtado featuring Timbaland- Promiscuous - This song is great, until you find out what the word "promiscuous" means (if you don't already know). That kinda ruins the whole song. Otherwise, it's got a great beat, and you'll be singing the words to it in no time.
3. The Pussycat Dolls featuring Big Snoop Dogg- Buttons - This song is ok, it's got a great beat, but the lyrics...UGH!! They're kinda gross, and definitly not creative.
4. Justin Timberlake featuring Timbaland- SexyBack - This song is going to be remebered for DECADES to come!! IT's sooo mcuh fun to dance and sing to!! (At the last dance i went to, when this song came on, you could barely hear the words because everyone was singing it!!)
5. Christina Aguilera- Ain't No Other Man - This song is great! Catchy lyrics, great melody...however, it does become kinda annoying after awhile.
6. Beyonce featuring Jay-Z- Déjà Vu - this song is great!! The lyrics and hte tune are catchy; if you can, watch the music video!! Great dancing and cosutmes.
7. Cherish featuring Sean Paul- of Youngbloodz- Do It To It -this is deinitely a party dancing song: "bounce wit it, drop wit it, lean wit it,rock wit it, snap wit..." :-D) I love it.
8. Kelis featuring- Too $hort- Bossy - Haven't really heard this one enough to judge it.
9. Chingy featuring Tyrese- Pullin' Me Back - Pretty good, catchy lyrics.
10. Lyfe Jennings featuring Lala Brown- S.E.X. - Haven't heard it enough to judge it.
11. Ne-Yo- Sexy Love - This is a good one, don't know about the lyrics, but you'll definitely find yourself humming this one to yourself.
12. Rihanna- Unfaithful - This song is SOOOO good; if you watch the music video, it tells a story. This is so much fun to sing.
13. JoJo- Too Little Too Late - I HONESTLY do not understand why this song is so popular!! It's not that good, it's the kind of song i would imagine a little girl to like.... It's overplayed, and it's just like a lot of other songs.
14. Nick Lachey- I Can't Hate You Anymore - Pretty good.
15. Teddy Geiger- These Walls - Haven't heard it enough to judge it.
16. Jessica Simpson- A Public Affair - :-D THis song cracks me up!! IT is SOO much fun to sing and dance to, and the music video is hilarious!! Jessica FINALLY put out a GOOD song .
17. Ok Go- Here It Goes Again - This song is awesome!! It's the treadmill song, the one in which there are six treadmills and the bandmembers do all kinds of cool things on them!! THe song itself is great too!!
18. Hinder- Lips Of An Angel - I love this song!! Great lyrics and melody.
19. Nickelback- Far Away - This song is great!! Again, very catchy tune, you'll be singing this one in the shower.
20. Kenny Chesney- Summertime - Haven't heard this song enough to juge it; in case you don't know though, it's country."
A little better
Darlene Delaro | houston, tx | 02/16/2007
(4 out of 5 stars)
"This Cd is actually a little better than the last one. But i noticed that a lot of the songs that are on here aren't even that popular, such as jessica simpson, ok go, kelis, beyonce, lyfe jennings, ne-yo, nick lachey, and teddy geiger. i like some of those songs, but why are they on now 23? here is my list of ratings for each song:
1. Fergie- London Bridge: I knew this song was going to be on here, even though she released "fergalicious" about a week before now 23 came out and this song was forgotton. 5/5
2. Nelly Furtado f/ Timbaland- Promiscuous: The sweet nelly furtado has turned promiscuously hip-hop. what a transformation. 5/5
3. Pussycat Dolls f/ Snoop Dogg- Buttons: this is the better version of this song because it has snoop dogg in it. on their album, he is absent from this song. 5/5
4 Justin Timberlake f/ Timbaland- Sexy Back: jt's comeback single. he claims to be "bringing sexy back", but did it ever leave? other than that, good song. great lyrics. 4/5
5. Christina Aguilera- Ain't No Other Man: I love this song, but not this version of it. they blocked out the "a" word and it ruins the song because not only does it block out the word, but it blocks out the entire "oh yeah" that she says in the background, which is sort of disapointing because that word is not supposed to be blocked out. 3/5 otherwise, 5/5
6. Beyonce f/ Jay-Z- Deja Vu: I like this song, but what is it doing on now 23? it isn't popular enough to be on the now 23. but she has a new single called "irreplaceable" that IS popular enough to be on now 24. 5/5
7. Cherish f/ Sean Paul OF THE YUNGBLOODZ, NOT THE JAMACIAN ONE!- Do It To It- I like this song, but they block out the "D" word in it. that's my only complaint. 4/5
8. Kelis f/ Too $hort- Bossy: im going to give this the same rating as "do it to it" for the exact same reason. 4/5
9. Chingy f/ Tyrese- Pulling Me Back: This song is kind of boring. it almost puts me to sleep. 2/5
10. Lyfe Jennings f/ Lala Brown- S.E.X.: what is this? never heard of it. 0/5
11. Ne-Yo- Sexy Love: seriously, how many songs on this cd have the word "sex" in the title? 3/5
12. Rihanna- Unfaithful: NOOOOO! this song is ruined! they blocked out the word "gun"! i hate the now people for that and i will never forgive them! -100/5 otherwise, 5/5
13. JOJO- Too Little Too Late: WOW! this girl is my age (16) and has a great voice. if she would have waited a little longer, she would probably done extremely well on American Idol. the only thing about this song is that it is overplayed, but i'm used to it. 4/5
14. Nick Lachey- I Can't Hate You Anymore: this song is NOT that popular and shouldn't be on the now. he is singing to jessica simpson. he needs to stop singing songs about her. 0/5
15. Teddy Geiger- These Walls: What's this? never heard it before. 0/5
16. Jessica Simpson- A Public Affair: They did this on purpose! they put nick and jessica on the same album to make fun of their divorce. i don't know why they did it, but it's not funny! anyway, great song. my favorite on the album. it kind of reminds me of madonna's "holiday". 5/5
17. OK Go- Here It Goes Again: Once again, another song that isn't popular enough to be on the nows. great video. they are dancing on treadmills. 3/5
18. Hinder- Lips Of An Angel: REALLY hard rock. a song about 2 lovers who broke up, but only halfway moved on. they both found a new lover, but they still love each other. although the tone of the chorus doesn't match what he's talking about, good song. 4/5
19. Nickelback- Far Away: Nickelback's 3rd single from their album "all the right reasons". this song is also overplayed, but i like it when i actually WANT to hear it. 4/5
20. Kenny Chesney- Summertime: What's this? never head of it because i don't listen to country. i hate country music because it's all the same, which makes it boring. the only good thing about this song is the name. i wish it WERE summertime. it's freezing outside! -5/5
Here are some suggestions for now 24:
1. Beyonce- Irreplaceable 2. Fergie- Fergalicious 3. Gwen Stefani f/ Akon- The Sweet Escape 4. Akon f/ Snoop Dogg- I Wanna Love You 5. Rihanna f/ Sean Paul- Break It Off 6. Paula Deanda- Walk Away (Remember Me) 7. Ludacris f/ Mary J Blige- Runaway Love 8. Justin Timberlake f/ T.I.- My Love 9. Ciara- Promise 10. Nelly Furtado- Say It Right 11. Christina Aguilera- Hurt 12. Rob Thomas- Street Corner Symphony 13. The Fray- How To Save A Life 14. Stone Sour- Through Glass 15. John Mayer- Waiting On The World To Change 16. Fall Out Boy-This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race 17. All-American Rejects- It Ends Tonight 18. Daughtry- It's Not Over 19. Nickelback- If Everyone Cared 20. Country Song: Rascal Flatts- What Hurts The Most? Carrie Underwood- Before He Cheats?
Number 23: Strong Summer Pop, But Weak August Rock
Person | across the street | 11/26/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"The successful Now series has dished out yet another (not suprisingly) volume to their series, Volume 23.
It's obvious most of these songs here charted from June to ...say August. Well wake up old folks, it's almost December! There are some very good selections, and bring the hits a bit more than the last edition. There's the biggest artists of the summer/fall, there's Furtado, Fergie, PCD, Timberlake, Aguilera, Cherish, Ne-Yo, Rihanna, Nickelback, and Hinder. Obviously the hip-hop section is the strongest here. A smooth rock song is missing, Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars" would've done better here and could've dropped the minor hit by Ok Go. And since The Fray, Akon, and Danity Kane haven't been picked up on NOW radar yet you'll probably get something from them in 24.
There's no latin artist here, maybe Shakira can whip up a Hips Don't Lie part two before 24 selections come out.
The rock section seems the weakest with only two actual "big hits", Hinder and Nickelback. The Lachey, Geiger, and Ok Go tracks I've never heard of, at least not on the radio. Again, songs from Snow Patrol and The Fray would've done excellent and looking at it, it would've made the playlist flow a bit better.
For randomness, there's an oddly placed 80's vibe Jessica Simpson song. An yet another country token.
This NOW is pretty good, not the best in the series, but a slight improvement over the last two or three series. The only two things that hold this down are the weak rock section and the fact that this playlist is a bit outdated. The whole point of me buying NOW albums is to collect new songs. The newest on here is Lips of an Angel and I've had that since August."
Finally ,MINIMAL RAP and NO BOY BANDS
L'ananas | Massachusetts | 01/06/2007
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Finally there is a NOW Cd that isn't flooded with rap and boy bands. This CD has all the hits of 2006 on it and is a breakthrough for the NOW CD collection. Instead of rappers and boy bands dominating, solo artists and awesome bands win on this album. Hinder, OK GO, The Pussycat Dolls, and Fergie are just a few of the great on here. BUY IT!"