"This is sliq of Twin Hype and I Must rate this material for its originality. It represents an era when music for the clubs needed that House Twist along with aggresive lyrical metaphors. If you would like to dig in to the reuniting of Twin Hype 2002', just before release on Carolina Records/Almighty Rcds. ..."
Classic, Classic, Classic!
Lupe Birthright | Pensacola, FL | 12/24/1999
(5 out of 5 stars)
"What can I say, but this is a CLASSIC album. I absolutely love this album. Twin Hype brought Hip-Hop to a different level with this self titled album. Although Twin Hype did not get a lot of exposure, they gained popularity through the club scenes of Florida, as well as other scenes across the U.S.. "Do It To The Crowd" is one of my ALL TIME favorite jams from the late 80's. This song was pumped through clubs all around Florida for a long time. It still packs the floor on Old School nights. If you like Old School Hip-Hop with an underground twist, you will dig this CD. Sample it and see what you think. Keep Movin'.......Out"
Transition from Rap to House
David Flores | Los Angeles, CA USA | 02/24/2002
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Classic stuff. From the period where rap music was splitting into the House sound. Great samples and (then)revolutionary beats. "'89's the year, House Music is in your ear". Excellent CD if you can find it."
Twin Hype is Tizzight
B. Apollo | Chicago | 08/14/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"(A blast from the past for real. I bought this cassette back in 1989 and I play it from time to time to go back in memory lane. When Chicago House music was exploding everywhere, this group touched a bit of it in their music. I loved the entire CD, with the smooth beats and originality, it was unfadable. Too bad that most of the industry was sleep on them because tracks like "My Metaphors" and "Serious Attitude" would have killed the radio. The album appears to have their tracks in such a way where it starts you off dancing, and at the end, it will have you vibing and bobbing your head. Crazy replay value! Twin Hype came backin 1991 with "Double Barrel" which was tight, but once again, people was sleep on it. But for those that believe that they know about old school rap music, should be up on this!)
1) Do It To The Crowd A song with that Chicago House Music flave on it
2) For Those Who Like to Groove House music in the purest, even more than the first song
3) My Metaphors The whole track, the twins flowed their butts off!!
4) Tales of the Twins A track where they mention every horror flick of that times
5) Smooth An unbelieveable track where the title matches what it's about. Rap these days have no clue on how to do that.
6) Suckers Never Change A track about wannabes in the industry.
7) Twin Hype A tight track that needs no introductions
8) Lori A love song about some chickenhead. "Cluck, cluck"
9) Fanatics A track about their love for the art. Very decent!
10) Serious Attitude To me, the best was definately saved for last! This track is sooo smooth, that it will turn any hyped person in relax mode."