|All Artists: Tiffany|
Members Wishing: 1
Total Copies: 0
Release Date: 10/25/1990
Styles: Dance Pop, Adult Contemporary, Teen Pop
Number of Discs: 1
SwapaCD Credits: 1
Similarly Requested CDs
Member CD Reviews
Rachel S. from LAKEPORT, CA
Reviewed on 8/27/2007...
Loved this cd! Made a copy for my self and thought would let others hear her wonderful voice!!!
Possibly The GREATEST debut from a teenage singer.
Taylor Hodgkins | The 1980's | 06/07/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Tiffany is the only teen idol I'll admit that I love. I heard "I Think We're Alone Now" on the kids TV show "Full House" and from then on I loved her. After months of running out to my local used record store and they didn't carry this album, I finally ordered this here on Amazon. Excellent fast service. This album went to have 4X Units with the help of a mall tour in the Summer of 1987. The tour was a great successes and it made Tiffany's cover of "I Think We're Alone Now" by Tommy James and the Shondells go to the #1 spot for 13 weeks. This album has other gems also.
1. "Should've Been Me"- Tiffany is filled with jealously and rage when she sees her ex-boyfriend walking along with his new girlfriend. She sings "That should've been me, with ya tonight, that should've been me there by your side, seein' you both, it's hard to belive 'cause it should've been me." 10/10
2. "Danny"- Tiffany sings about a guy named Danny's attempts to win her heart. She sings "When you take your mark, Danny for my heart, it's only pain, what does it prove? Again and again Danny nobody wins. 10/10
3. "Spanish Eyes"- Tiff sings about how she wants to be more then
friends with her close friend. She sees exciment everytime she looks into his "spanish eyes" 9/10.
4. "Feelings Of Forever"- Tiff wants to see that "Nothing can stop these Feelings Of Forever". All she wants, is for "you to hold me now, we can make it through this night together, All I need is for you to show me how 'cause Nothing Can Stop These Feelings Of Forever". 10/10
5. "Kid On A Corner"- Tiff is tired of guys not liking her because she is too young and she can handle a boyfriend. "I don't wanna be just a kid on a corner, hidin' my heart savin' my love any longer". 10/10
6. "I Saw Him Standing There"- Everyone knows The Beatles "I Saw
HER Standing There", toss in a gender-bender and you have Tiffany's version. I think people hate Tiff because she covered this song. I love The Beatles and I love both versions. Tiff's version is very unique, with bursts of synths and saxes, Tiff tries a gritty John Lennon voice and does a very GOOD job. 10/10
7. "Johnny's Got The Inside Moves"- Tiff wants to go to her crush's house but she knows that his girlfriend is there. This
song is very 80s and awesome. This is my second favorite song. 10/10
8. "Promises Made"- This song is about promises that Tiffany's crush made and he broke. "Promises Made are promises broken, promises made, always come back. 10/10
9. "I Think We're Alone Now"- We all know this #1 single that made Tiffany a teen queen. People who like Tommy James might not like this. It's really awesome!
10. "Could've Been"- A beautiful 80s love song. Tiffany cries about a realsionship that really "Could've Been so beautiful, could've been so right, could've been my lover everyday of my life. She misses the scent of his roses that are about to die.
Overall Rating: 9/10, brilliant album. Gave Tiffany two number 1 singles and a sucessesful mall tour. Bubblegum and power ballads.
Taylor Hodgkins 6/7/06"