|All Artists: Stephanie|
Members Wishing: 0
Total Copies: 0
Original Release Date: 1/1/1991
Re-Release Date: 7/30/1991
Style: Dance Pop
Number of Discs: 1
SwapaCD Credits: 1
UPCs: 074644448924, 074644448948
The best work from St?phanie
Rafael Reyes | Viņa del Mar, CHILE | 10/11/2003
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Yes, St?phanie, Princess of Monaco. The same strange royal princess that lives in a trailer outside Monte-Carlo and had a inusual career in the eighties.
She recorded a LP called "Besoin" in 1986, later she release it again with some promo tracks in english.
That album reached top charts in Europe with "Ouragan", "Flash" and "Fleurs du Mal", because the people listen St?phanie with curiosity and with an inquiring attitude, finding mistakes in her voice (that personally think that is better than Britney Spear's voice).
Five years later, a matture 25 years old St?phanie travel outside France in 1991 to L.A. and meet the rock producer Ron Bloom and record a 10 song LP completely in english language. It sounds very good, and her voice was completely clear, without arrangements and sounds similar to Willson Phillips or Sandra Cretu music. But the public eye was tired of the Stephanie's music, and after a cold promotion, St?phanie left her succesful career to became mother.
That year with the same label (EPIC) St?phanie sung with Michael Jackson in his sucess hit "In The Closet".
1) Winds Of Chance: Promotion single, quick drums and a nice guitar solo.
2) You Don't Die From Love: 2nd. promotion song, nice St?phanie "rock band" voice.
3) Love Once: a ballad about love, very romantic.
4) Born Blue: nice song, drums sounds like "Ouragan".
5) Words upon the wind: a ballad song about her mother. Personally the best I think.
6) Sky Falls Down: typical american song with guitars, bass and drums, nice Ron Bloom solo.
7) Unchained: Filler song, she only says "Unchaaaaaaained" since the middle of the song to the end.
8) Hunger Rise: Experimental track completely produced by Ron Bloom, confused rhythm but St?phanie's voice was mindblowing!
9) I Escape: Song about her decision to escape from royalty. Power voice but bored production.
10) Good dreams: 3rd. promotion track, "clich?" production, sounds like a typical song for the Unicef, dedicated to the war childrens."
Sinitta | Germany | 07/17/2005
(1 out of 5 stars)
"This is one of two albums from Stephanie, Princess of Monaco. She had a hit with "Irresistible" in the 80s in Europe, but also had plenty press simply for being a Princess. Her voice is rather weak and you can hear it is doubled several times. The production seems weak and trashy too. It's for lovers of trash pop and famous people starting to sing only."
Much BETTER than you'd think!
R. Duran | Yankee Stuck In The South | 09/18/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This cd should be re-released for airplay!! Listen to this cd at worldroots dot com/ brigitte / royal / stephanie monaco7 dot htm :0)"