Just Be Good to Me - Shayne Ward, Harris, James III
U Got Me So
You Make Me Wish
Tell Him - Shayne Ward, Jannusi, Ashraf
UK two track CD pressing of the first single pulled from the UK chart-topper's sophomore album Breathless. Recorded in Sweden, with super production team Maratone, who have sold over 100 million albums worldwide and worked... more » their magic for Justin Timberlake, Kelly Clarkson and Britney Spears amongst others, 'Breathless' perfectly showcases Shayne Ward's flawless falsetto and his effortless vocal range. A laid back track that builds in depth and emotion, 'Breathless' is a soulful and heartfelt love song powerfully delivered by Shayne Ward, with total confidence and conviction. 'Breathless' is a solid R&B ballad along the same vein of Ne-Yo's 'So Sick' and Usher's 'Burn'. Features 'Breathless' and the non-album 'Gonna Be Alright'. RCA.« less
UK two track CD pressing of the first single pulled from the UK chart-topper's sophomore album Breathless. Recorded in Sweden, with super production team Maratone, who have sold over 100 million albums worldwide and worked their magic for Justin Timberlake, Kelly Clarkson and Britney Spears amongst others, 'Breathless' perfectly showcases Shayne Ward's flawless falsetto and his effortless vocal range. A laid back track that builds in depth and emotion, 'Breathless' is a soulful and heartfelt love song powerfully delivered by Shayne Ward, with total confidence and conviction. 'Breathless' is a solid R&B ballad along the same vein of Ne-Yo's 'So Sick' and Usher's 'Burn'. Features 'Breathless' and the non-album 'Gonna Be Alright'. RCA.
"Shayne Ward is the ultimate performer and has the whole package. He has a glorious voice, he dances very well and he looks like a greek god. He also holds the audience in the palm of his hand. Saw him at Wembley and he was amazing. I cannot wait for his next tour. I will fly anywhere to see him. His new album is absolutely outstanding. He has gone for a new sound to show his age. Not all ballads but a mixture of super ballads and quirky r&b tracks. Damaged shows the reggae, You Make Me Wish an amazing electronic edge, U Got Me So in the Timberlake vein, Stand by Your Side has the bongo drums which gives an African edge, the wonderful Until You which really is such a beautiful ballad and Breathless which literally does leave one breathless when he does the double falsetto. I also love the smooth Some Tears Never Dry and Melt the Snow with its echoing Woos. But my favourite track of all is the innovative Tell Him which takes a classical pearl and modernises it to a modern day sound - Shayne's sound. It is permanently on my cd player. Fabulous track."
Simply put...a great album for any collection
Skallywaggz | Little Rock, AR USA | 01/03/2008
(5 out of 5 stars)
"After falling in love with Leona Lewis, I decided to give another X-Factor contestant a chance and don't regret it one bit. Shayne Ward has a wonderfully refreshing voice and can hit those high notes without skipping a beat. If your a fan of nice, mid/up-tempo jams, this album is definitely for you.
1. No U Hang Up - A nice electro/synthesizer beat on this song will have you tapping your feet from the first note. A great opener.
2. Breathless - A great love song about a lover leaving him breathless. I love the subtle beats that carry this ballad along. Shayne's voice is nothing but emotion on this song.
3. If That's OK With You - An upbeat song that's as fun as it is catchy. This song would make a perfect American summer jam. It has that "sunny" vibe to it.
4. Damaged - When Shayne starts this song off with that high note without making you cringe, you begin to see why this man is pure talent. When the reggae vibe kicks in you almost forget he's singing about getting "damaged" from a past love.
5. Stand by Your Side - Not really a fan of this song. It has a really 80-ish vibe in my opinion, not that I don't like that. Maybe I just don't like this song in general. Decent song, but dismal compared to the rest of this wonderful album.
6. Until You - A sweet mid-tempo ballad showcasing Shayne's beautiful voice.
7. Some Tears Never Dry - A really good up-tempo song with a great beat and catchy chorus. Its lyrics describe two lovers that seem to be "falling out of love" but he just wants another shot at it.
8. Melt the Snow - One of my favorites on this CD. The subtle, bouncy electro-vibe to this mid-tempo song about watching a woman in a bad relationship from afar is excellent. A great song, hands down.
9. Tangled Up - The "other" song on this album I just can't get into. This song has a disco feel to it that just doesn't seem to find it's way into the flow of this record. Honestly, I've not finished this song from start to finish.
10. Just Be Good to Me - A decent song with a nice up-beat tempo about loving a girl with a not-so-great reputation. Not one of my favortites, but it's still good.
11. U Got Me So - I hate to say this, but this song definitely has a "Justin Timberlake" sound to it, but not a bad way. It works. It's got a nice up-beat R&B feel to it that really works with Shayne's higher pitched vocals. I really like this song.
12. You Make Me Wish - Starts out with some synthesizer and builds into another nice up-tempo jam about seeing a woman and then wishing he didn't have a girlfriend anymore.
13. Tell Him - Starts out with a really nice piano run and turns into a really good classical sounding R&B song (is that possible..classical R&B) about a cheating woman that hasn't told her current lover about it......yet.
All in all, this album really showcases everything that is good about Shayne Ward. It's a crying shame he's not had any stateside success. Pick this CD up and you won't look back."
Kathryn A. Treadway | New York, NY | 01/12/2008
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Shayne Ward's newest album makes no pretense. Brit pop as you expect it to be, with its upbeat tempo and cliche lyrics, this album is my new guilty pleasure."
NEW ALBUM, NEW STYLE!!!!!!
Trecus | Singapore | 11/29/2007
(4 out of 5 stars)
"IM REALLY REALLY GLAD TO SEE SHAYNE'S NEW ALBUM. I WAS WAITING FOR IT TO RELEASE SINCE LIKE A MONTH AGO. TO BE FRANK, I ALWAYS DOWNLOAD MUSIC FROM THE NET, BUT THIS ONE, I PARTICULARLY PATIENTLY WAITED TO GET THE ALBUM FROM MY NEIGHBORHOOD MUSIC STORE. THE REASON, THE SONG BREATHLESS, REALLY TOOK MY BREATH AWAY...ITS JUST, OMG!!!
BESIDES THAT, THE OTHER 2 SINGLES, "IF THATS OK WITH U" & "NO YOU HANG UP" ARE REALLY CATCHY AND CUTE...SO I THOUGHT, THIS IS DEFINITELY GONNA BE A GOOD ALBUM.
IM JUST GONNA RATE THIS ALBUM 4 STARS, YES THERE'RE GREAT TRACKS IN IT, BUT, MOST OF THE SONGS R KINDA R&B/POP KIND, I WAS EXPECTING ONE OR 2 MORE TRACKS SIMILAR TO "BREATHLESS", BUT INSTEAD, EVERYOTHER TRACKS R SIMILAR TO THE OTHER 2 SINGLES, SO TO PUT IT IN A EUPHEMISTIC WAY, ITS A LITTLE ONE DIMENSIONAL.
IF LET SAY ALL OTHER TRACKS R GREAT IN ITS OWN STYLE, THEN ITS STILL GREAT, BUT THE THING IS, SOME OF THE OTHER TRACKS, I REALLY MEAN SOME ONLY, R NOT CATCHY, THEY R JUST THERE FOR THE SAKE OF FILLING IN THE GAP, SOMETHING LIKE THAT. YET, SOME TRACKS R REALLY AMAZING AND PARTY NECESSITY. THERE'S ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT, SO KEEP UP WITH THE GOOD WORK, SHAYNE, UR STILL MY FAVORITE MALE SINGER. REALLY HOPE TO LISTEN TO MORE MUSICS LIKE "BREATHLESS" & "NO PROMISES", SUCH CATCHY POWERFUL BALLADE.