**** Amazing Brazilian Jazz *******
Papetti | Mexico City | 02/08/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This has been (and I don't know why nobody else has rated this gem since 1990 when it first came out)a fantastic album by one of the best exponents of Brazilian Jazz and/or Jazz in general.
All of the songs are superb; some ballad-like and some very funky Jazz with all kinds of Brazilian elements.
Among them, the highlights are:
'Til Tomorrow / Avec Elegance / Backlash / Green Line / Bom de Tocar (Good to Play) and Marimba Dance.
Check the amazing line up of musicians in this masterpiece:
- Ricardo Silveira / Guitars, Keyboards, Synthesizer Programming
- Abraham Laboriel / Bass Guitar, Vocals, Synthesizer Programming
- Abraham Laboriel Jr. / Synthesizer Programming (Before he went up to join Paul McCartney's Band).
- Paulinho DaCosta / Percussion
- Don Grusin / Keyboards
- Greg Karukas / Keyboards
- Alex Acuna / Percussions, Drums
- Jeff Hull / Keyboards
- Vinnie Colaiuta / Drums
- Arturo Maia / Bass Guitars
- Russell Ferrante / Keyboards
- Justo Almario / Saxophones, Flutes
- Terri Lynne Carrington / Drums
- Luiz Avellar / Piano
- Branford Marsalis / Saxophone
- Antonio Adolfo / Keyboards
- Jimmy Haslip / Bass Guitar
This itme has been Out-Of-Print for years now, so get it while you can, you'll thank yourself you did..........."