|All Artists: Plies|
Title: Goon Affiliated
Members Wishing: 1
Total Copies: 0
Original Release Date: 6/8/2010
Release Date: 6/8/2010
Genres: Pop, Rap & Hip-Hop
Style: Pop Rap
Number of Discs: 1
SwapaCD Credits: 1
Genres: Pop, Rap & Hip-Hop
1. Go Live (Explicit Album Version) — 2. Rob Myself (Explicit Album Version) — 3. Awesome (Explicit Album Version) — 4. Bruh Bruh (Explicit Album Version) — 5. Get My Ni**as Out (Explicit Album Version) — 6. Flaw (Explicit Albu... more »
Listen to Samples
1. Go Live (Explicit Album Version)
2. Rob Myself (Explicit Album Version)
3. Awesome (Explicit Album Version)
4. Bruh Bruh (Explicit Album Version)
5. Get My Ni**as Out (Explicit Album Version)
6. Flaw (Explicit Album Version)
7. Becky (Explicit Album Version)
8. Kitty Kitty (Feat. Trey Songz) [Explicit Album Version]
9. Whatever I Say (Explicit Album Version)
10. Goonette (Explicit Album Version)
11. Good D**k (Explicit Album Version)
12. Model (Explicit Album Version)
13. Look Like (Feat. Young Jeezy & Fabolous) [Explicit Album Version]
14. All I Know (Explicit Album Version)
15. She Got It Made (Album Version)
Similarly Requested CDs
His Worst CD Yet....
Enlightened | Atlanta Georgia | 06/12/2010
(2 out of 5 stars)
"I'm a Plies supporter (check earlier reviews of albums) so the quality of this release is quite disappointing. His first two albums were easily some of the best released in those years while mixing his "goon" persona in with a reflective side that surprised those people looking to detract from him. His interviews are always interesting because of how he thinks and what he says. He's very intelligent.
But as always rappers have to try and balance being successful while not alienating their fanbase. Yes Plies is quite successful, his last 3 albums have all hit the gold plateau even in these times. Truth be told he's one of the more successful, polarizing, controversial, and interesting rappers to emerge in the past 5 or 6 years.
I'm not feeling this album though. AS the cover suggests, the ignorance is cranked up to an even higher level than his previous albums. When songs like "Rob Myself" play (I listened to the song several times...what does that even mean??) you tend to just shake your head. Unlike previous albums, where some social commentary was mixed in to try to offset his adventures into craziness, this album is absent of those all together. Songs in the vein of Runnin My Momma Crazy or Worth Goin Fed Fo are nonexistent and yes it detracts from the album.
The typical Plies song about women aren't even good on this album. Good D... is just stupid, Model and Kitty Kitty ft. Trey Songz are terrible. Goonette is slightly decent. There's no Shawty, I Wanna, or Bust It Baby on this album though.
The singles Becky and Look Like ft. Young Jeezy & Fabolous are pretty good songs. She Got It Made, Bruh Bruh and Awesome are also Ipod/zune worthy.
The album as a whole is quite underwhelming. Maybe Plies needs to take a break (4 albums in 4 years) to get the creative juices flowing again because as far as rhymes and ideas this is his worst album. The beats are standard fare...nothing too out of the ordinary. Goon Affiliated has a few songs but I would only recommend the album to his die hard fans. 2 Stars."
Truly A DisAppointment
LICIABAE901 | Memphis | 06/22/2010
(1 out of 5 stars)
"This Was Truly A Big Ass Mistake PLIES Could've Waited A Minute I mean What Was The Big Rush!I Am a Huge Supporter Since Day 1 The 1st 3 Albums Were Classics !4th Album Flop Material He Should not have Put Half Of The Album Out On Twitter That's Where He Messed Up @! Highly A Disappointed SMH!! Step It Up Maybe Next Album!"