Jasmine Trias, 3rd place finalist on last year's American Idol, will have her self titled, debut album in stores July 12, 2005. Her new CD introduces an edgier, rhythm and bluesbased sound. From the single Excuses,... more » (already #10 in the Philippines) to Sexy Boy, with its playful relaxed grooves, Jasmine Trias soothes her listeners into forgetting about the hustle surrounding their busy lives from the moment they hear her soulfully comforting voice. Jasmine has quickly become a triple threat artist, expecting to play a singer and drummer in the film entitled All Girl Band, written by the Academy Award-winning Sherman Brothers son, Jeff Sherman. Richard and Robert Sherman's works include Mary Poppins, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, The Jungle Book and The Parent Trap. Executive Producers Debbie Hammond, ClockWork Entertainment, and Gary Greenberg have had success with acts like DREAM, TQ, Fantasia, and Bone, Thugs N Harmony. Jasmine's debut album is being distributed throughout the United States by Aloha Music International (a division of The Islander Group). It contains 14 songs produced and written by multi platinum industry leaders like Diane Warren, Vincent Herbert, and a remake by Sean "P. Diddy" Combs. You will be able to find Jasmine's tour schedule and places to buy her cd on her official fan site www.allthatjas.net or her official site www.jasminetrias.net. Jasmine posts her personal updates on www.myspace.com/Jasmine_Trias.« less
Jasmine Trias, 3rd place finalist on last year's American Idol, will have her self titled, debut album in stores July 12, 2005. Her new CD introduces an edgier, rhythm and bluesbased sound. From the single Excuses, (already #10 in the Philippines) to Sexy Boy, with its playful relaxed grooves, Jasmine Trias soothes her listeners into forgetting about the hustle surrounding their busy lives from the moment they hear her soulfully comforting voice. Jasmine has quickly become a triple threat artist, expecting to play a singer and drummer in the film entitled All Girl Band, written by the Academy Award-winning Sherman Brothers son, Jeff Sherman. Richard and Robert Sherman's works include Mary Poppins, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, The Jungle Book and The Parent Trap. Executive Producers Debbie Hammond, ClockWork Entertainment, and Gary Greenberg have had success with acts like DREAM, TQ, Fantasia, and Bone, Thugs N Harmony. Jasmine's debut album is being distributed throughout the United States by Aloha Music International (a division of The Islander Group). It contains 14 songs produced and written by multi platinum industry leaders like Diane Warren, Vincent Herbert, and a remake by Sean "P. Diddy" Combs. You will be able to find Jasmine's tour schedule and places to buy her cd on her official fan site www.allthatjas.net or her official site www.jasminetrias.net. Jasmine posts her personal updates on www.myspace.com/Jasmine_Trias.
Patrick Myers | Atlanta, Georgia, USA | 07/13/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Jasmine Trias, 3rd place winner on American Idol Season three, has outdone herself with this album. Love Ko'To and Flying Home introduce us to the lovely Miss Trias, but nothing can prepare you for an album like this. Clockwork Entertainment, her label, helped Jasmine create this piece, and I and a thousand other people are forever thankful. A close up on each song:
1. Sexy Boy 9/10 Absolutely amazing start to this album, and it is not only Jasmine's favorite song to sing on the album, but one of my favorites. She's checking out guys on the beach in this song, and she's not what you saw on American Idol any more- she's grown up. Basically, good start for an album and a career.
2. Excuses 10/10 Jasmine's first single is a winner. In this song Jasmine sings about how a boy has been making excuses on why he can't see her, and that's she's about to lose it. I absolutely adore this song, and I hope it goes to the top of the charts! If not, it's still a great song. A great song!
3. All I Need 8/10 A remake from a song Jasmine sang in American Idol; not the same, but still a nice addition to the collection on her album. All she needs, or what she says on the song, is her "man".
4. Whatcha Gon Do 9/10 Ooh! Fabulous, if I say so myself. Jasmine gets her talent out and ready to pack a punch on this song, and I believe she could have a hit with it. Warning: If you don't like getting up and dancing, or at least tapping your foot, you might want to avoid this song. Water might be useful after song is played.
5. DJ Don't Quit 10/10 Oh, couldn't have put it better myself- DJ don't quit! I love how Jasmine sounds on this song, and I believe another hit has nestled itself in cozy spot number five. Just a fun song that can have it stuck in your head all day. Amazing, super, fun, dance-worthy, - and not to forget, radio-worthy. Twenty out of ten!
6. I Still Luv U 8/10 Great soulful, R and B-ish sound to it, and not to mention a wonderful song. Jasmine performs above level, and soars her way to greatness. Still not a favorite song of mine on the album, but still good enough to get eight.
7. Don't Go 9/10 Don't Go is fabulous. Although it could be better, it provides enough to get you through to the next half of the album, and leaves you wanting more. I was singing along- and when that happens, the artist has done well with it. Great job, Jasmine.
8. Just A Fool 7/10 One of my least favorite songs on the album. BUT it is pretty good in it's own right, and deserves at least a seven in all. You'd be just a fool not to listen to the song- or the album, I might add. Nice touch.
9. Silly Of Me 9/10 Yes! Another hit song. Jasmine talks about how she missed her chance on a guy she loved- and he went to someone else. I think it most definitely deserves to be Jasmine's next single, as it could very well be a hit all across America. Another song I was singing along to (I like to sing along to slow songs) it. Once again, I'm in awe.
10. I Won't Worry 8/10 A very good song that Jasmine does justice. Very nice vocals. I might add. I wish it would go along a bit longer, as I liked it really much, but I liked it just the same. A very good song that complete's the album.
11. Can't Hold Back 10/10 Three words: Ballad of the Year. I couldn't believe what I was hearing at first; but after a second and a third listen, I believed this to be the very best Jasmine has. Pop, R&B, and soul combined into an outstanding performance. Way to go! I will love this song for almost ever. Great.
12. What U Do To Me 9/10 A very beautiful touch to the album. It was a bit of a let down after hearing Can't Hold Back, as I was expecting the album to get better and better after every song, but nice anyway. 8.5 stars.
13. Inseparable 10/10 I was really worried at first for two reasons: 1. At first, I didn't know if this song, Jasmine's best song on American Idol, was going to be on here 2. After I found out it was, was it going to be a knock-out-of-the-park like in American Idol? but I had nothing to worry about. Once again, she slams it and I enjoyed it just as much as I did the first time she performed it.
14. If I Ever See Heaven Again 10/10 What can I say? Diane Warren, the writer of this song, did a fabulous job, and Jasmine has the best vocals on here than the whole album combined! I loved it a thousand times over.
Some might say that Jasmine might not have any talent. Some won't listen to her because she's from American Idol. But I guarantee, listen to Jasmine Trias's self-titled album and you will be amazed. "
Jasmine album is amazing!! very soulful!!
musicfan | USA | 07/13/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I'm in love with Jasmine's album. It's beautiful written with an amazing vocalist. It's full of soul, Rhythm and blues. I simply love the song "Excuses". It definitely a song you can sing to and I like it cause it also has an oriental edge to it for the modern Asian tune. Her song "silly of me" is full of emotion and soul that just comes out from her heart. I have always loved her since AI, but I was even shock when I heard her songs, cause she sound 10 times better then she did during her AI competition. Everyone who didn't like her from AI will end up liking her from her CD. She has improve tremendously vocally and performance wise. I just simply love her album that I want to share my reviews with everyone."
EXCELLENT!!! A MUST BUY!
Cool Beans | California, USA | 07/18/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Got the CD on my birthday 07-15-2005!!! woot woot!!! You know, when I saw the bulletin on myspace to check out a new singer, and when I was listening to the clips, I was thinking "wow it sounds like Jasmine" but I thought it was songs from a new One Voice CD. I didn't know her album was coming out! Those clips rejuvenated my love for Jasmine when I found out it was her.
Think JLo, Jojo, maybe a little Mariah...I play this CD in my car all the time, along with the new Mariah CD (another CD I would suggest along with this one)
1. Sexy Boy (10/10) - I definitely love this track. It's a good summer track, like I would play it on the beach when I'm just chillin. I could definitely imagine checkin out that "sexy boy" in my head when I hear this song. If Jasmine does a music video for this song, I hope she would ask me for suggestions for it because I have great ideas LOL. HAHAHA....
2. Excuses (9.5/10) - Definitely worthy of being the first single off her CD. The bridge is awesome and you can hear her vocal improvement. A great improvement from American Idol!!
3. All I Need (8.5/10) - It's a good rendition, but it seems like the same thing is being said all the time. And I didn't really like the whole "I gotta love jones for Hawaii" part said by the rapper. Otherwise, it was just alright. I really liked the huh-huh-HOLD UP part, though!
4. Whatcha Gon Do (9.7/10) - This song reminds me of something off a JLo CD. I like it because it sounds like something I would play on a slow day with my honey (if I had one, of course). Definitely good make-out song for the lovers out there.
5. DJ Don't Quit (10/10) - I'd say that this is one of the best dance tracks, perfect for grinding to at a club. The part in the middle of the song where it goes into some kind of bridge really makes this song a WINNER! I hope this song gets play at clubs!
6. I Still Luv U (8.9/10) - It's an okay track, I wasn't feeling it as much as some of the tracks though.
7. Don't Go (9.6/10) - Very catchy. Sounds like something I would play in the hood. Hehehe. A great hip-hop/r&b track.
8. Just A Fool (9.7/10) - I don't know why some people don't like this song as much, I think it's a great song because it tells a story that most girls can relate to. When I listen to this song, I felt really connected because I have felt like that before. It actually makes me think that Jasmine actually wrote it because there's so much emotion in this song, imho.
9. Silly of Me (10/10) - Yes to songs with emotion! Is it me, or can I really feel the pain and emotion that Jasmine expresses here? It's a great ballad, and for you slow jam suckaz, this one's for you.
10. I Won't Worry (9.4/10) - I love this song! It's got a great beat and a wonderful message...no to the haters! Hehehe...nothing vocally significant (don't get me wrong, Jas sings great in all the songs), but I love the lyrics most of all!
11. Can't Hold Back (9/10) - Vocally powerful and exemplifies Jasmine's unique vocals. She can give soooo much power to this song in a live performance. I hope that in a future concert or tv appearance, she will sing this song.
12. What U Do To Me (9.8/10) - I just had to give this song a really high score because the beat is head-bopping and the lyrics / chorus is just catchy. I would put it on repeat!
13. Inseperable (10/10) - I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!! If anything, this sounds a lot better than her rendition on AI3. Excellent production. It's just pure Jasmine vocals-no synthesizers or any of that vocal enhancing junk, and this is why she was placed 3rd in AI. You know, I wish this song was longer...hehehe.
14. If I Ever See Heaven Again (10/10) - I would say this is one of the best tracks on the CD because the way she sings this song is sooo soothing, and the instruments really fit the song. And I can definitely relate to the lyrics.
It's so hard for me to give the songs below an 8 because the tracks are excellent...excellent songs, excellent vocals. If anything, this CD is very underrated by the mainstream and it would be wonderful if Jasmine's debut album would get some kind of recognition in the mainstream media. Not just because she was on American Idol and placed third, because Jasmine has excellent vocal style and talent. I love this CD like it's my child. Not because it's Jasmine's CD, because this album is sooo worthy of awesome recognition.
Overall Average Score: 9.57
TRL ANYONE?!?! DROP IT CUZ IT`S HOT! "
Good first album, very R&B urban driven in sound
Preston | nc | 01/16/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Jasmine Trias has a good album here. She went for more of an R&B urban sound. She even gives Jennifer Lopez and Christina Milian a run for their money on the dance numbers. Or J-Lo herself could have had a few of these kinds of songs on her last album, Rebirth, which didn't do as well. Excuses, Sexy Boy, I still Luv U and Don't Go are prime examples. One surprise here is All I Need, which updates the popular '95 Method Man/Mary J. Blige Hit I'll Be There For You. I know Jasmine is getting her name out there, but did she have to have a Diane Warren pop song on here too? I'd have left that song off--typical pop power ballad pap! She smartly includes her remake of the Natalie Cole hit Inseparable. It was really the only good performance by her in the American Idol competition. But I'm not thinking about that now--I like this album from her and the songs match with her style. Vincent Herbert, who was part of the former 3 Boyz From Newark team, gave Jasmine some solid numbers. The other producers are just as good with their offerings,even the funky numbers from N8. I hope that people accept Jasmine on her own as an artist, just as many did when she appeared on TV. She has a nice voice to complement the songs."
G. Marasigan | los angeles, ca | 07/18/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"It's unfortunate that it's so hard to find this album in stores, even tower records sunset. They actually forgot to order it in time and according to them, "oh 30 records were just ordered," on its release date. I finally got one at Tower Records Long Beach, and guess where I found it, at the ground level, very very bottom shelf on it's release date. It's also unfortunate that because she's asian, her chances of reaching mainstream music will be very hard and limited. I've listened to the cd meticulous and hard over an LA traffic-congested freeway. She maynot have Fantasia's range, but her CD outdone FreeYourself and Blue Skies. Jasmine does not need hip hopping rappers like the rest, her voice is simply purely magnificent as is... and I just hope the rest of America will give her a chance and sing the way she does it best."