Elizabeth Caldwell | Havertown, PA United States | 01/04/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This is Ps. Darlene Zschech's second solo album. She continues to increase in the anointing! She is so talented and Gifted by God to sing His praises! Here is a rundown of what I love about each song (because I know that I like when others do that for me on other CD reviews)
1. You are Here 5/5 - mid tempo ballad. very pretty string arangement. The chorus continues to build to a beautiful creshendo toward the end. A truly wonderful reminder of God phenominal Greatness and that He is mine and He is with me!
2. Miracle 4/5 - the first single released in Australia from this album. Upbeat and produced by one of the members of the Parachute Band (a worship team from NZ) really catchy.
3. Captured 5/5 - ballad. GORGEOUS. The lyrics are sheer poetry. "I need you more than the morning needs the light" This is my heartbeat for God and she captures that need for God for all of us!
4. Call upon His Name 6/5 - Yes! It is that GREAT. This is my favourite song on the album. Ballady Hymn. I see praise dancers and orchestras and the Throne Room!!!
5. You KNow my Name 4/5 - up tempo. What a wonderful thing to sing about. Our phenominal God and the fact that this Creator of the Universe knows my name. ALso talks about her longing to know Him and be with Him in His phenominal presence
6. Never Give Up 3.5/5 - Really nice. Up beat. Creative. Just not my style. Musically and sentimentally really awesome.
7. Change Your World 5/5 - First single in US. Music Video on her website. Gorgeous melody and lyics. "I'll forever hear you say, I am your child, Please will you love me, Wont you stay...I live to change your world!" Wow...powerful! Check out her website hoperwanda.com
8. Where would I be 5/5 - ballad. Where would we be without His love? Too true! really beautiful melody again!
9. Glorify Your Name 4/5 - beautiful worship song that was also recorded on Hillsongs Live album "For All Youve Done".
10. Sing over me 4.5/5 - I really love this one. The thought of God singing over me the way that I sing to Him, but BETTER! Mid tempo.
11. You are Holy 5/5 - "...at times I hold my breath and tremble and behold your majesty...in the morning I will seek you...in the evening I will love you..." AMEN!!!
12. Agnus Dei 5/5 - LOVE THIS ARRANGEMENT! You need to do something with this song (in my humble opinion) if recording it because it so well loved and so popular already. Great ending for the album
Basically, she is awesome and anointed and a true God-lover. It comes across every note that she sings. If you buy this album, you will be truly blessed."
Great Praise and Worship
Soundcraft | Barranquilla, Colombia | 03/24/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"i actually got this album by accident, i ordered the dual DVD "God He Reigns" and the cd from Rueben Morgan and some one at the delivery made a mistake and instead of the one from Rueben's i received this.
at first i wasn't so pleased because, you know, i didn't ordered it. but then after a few days i decided to give this album a chance and WOW! i was able to be moved inside of me to pray to God and Worship Him whyle lisening to it (The album).
Very good music, excellent lyrics and of course hugely annoited.
I believe that this woman is running her life in the path that God chose for her to be in, she has been a blessing for so many Christians and also to just music lovers. I believe that God purposes are being achieved through her work and this album is a testimony of that.
Buy it, enjoy it, live it."
Running the race....
Kimberly J. Ridgeway | lake placid, fl usa | 06/11/2009
(4 out of 5 stars)
"This is Darlene's second solo album. I enjoy it immensely. I really like "Change Your World" as I know where the song came from--from her heart and love of people who are suffering around the world. I absolutely adore "Glorify Your Name" and "Angus Dei". Her voice is powerful and strong, not pitchy in any way.
This CD in my opinion is not quite as good as her first "Kiss of Heaven" but it is still necessary to anyone who considers themselves a Darlene Zschech fan and anyone who loves to worship.
She is definitely running the race for God and doing exactly what He has called her to do--worship and help others worship as well.
Good job Darls!"
Darlene's latest and greatest
SirStinky | Vancouver, WA USA | 01/01/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I've been listening to Darlene Zschech for a long time, from the time she was worship leader at Hillsong Church, to when she released her first solo album (Kiss of Heaven in 2003).
Kiss of Heaven was great, so I had to have Change Your World!
As a huge Hillsong fan, I loved Darlene in their albums. She has appeared and performed in all the Hillsong albums except the latest release (This Is Our God, 2008), as she stepped down as worship team leader and handed it off to Joel Houston.
Change Your World was produced by Zschech and David Holmes, and it's great! Darlene effortlessly and seamlessly brings her vocal and musical talents into the solo crowd, and makes for an awesome worship experience. While some might consider it in the same genre as pop, this is not what I consider a pop album, but pure contemporary Christian. Although some of her material from the Hillsong albums remains, Holmes and Zschech's songs bring honor and praise to God, as well as a fresh sound, which is a nice departure from the live Hillsong recordings.
If you are a fan of Darlene and Hillsong, then I recommend Darlene's solo albums."