The Curios play "hyphen music": freak-folk-funk-psychedelic-cabaret, a juicy blend of mystery-rich, textural grooves and cliché-free lyrics, alternately abstract and narrative. "One of the three highest-reacting artists we've had in our history." -- Rosalie Howarth, KFOG Program Director "A wonderfully eclectic, quirky, and beautifully complex musical universe." -- Northern California Songwriter * Award-winning singer/songwriters and multi-instrumentalists Nancy Hall and Lee Parvin are the creative core of The Curios.
* Their song "Hope for the Modern Man" won in the folk category of the first-ever John Lennon Songwriting contest, of which Ani Difranco was a judge.
* A song from Pillow Book has moved into regular rotation as a "new favorite release" on the Acoustic Sunrise program on San Francisco's popular radio station KFOG. Their debut album Everything Knows You was voted a "Best Of" by the same show.
* Nancy Hall is a background singer with Neil Young and Crazy Horse, and has toured around the world with them as well as with Emmylou Harris and Lucinda Williams.
* Multi-talented keyboard artist, songwriter, and recording engineer Lee Parvin has recorded many greats in his own studio, including Taj Mahal, Michael Bloomfield, Mark Naftalin, Frank Wakefield, Merle Saunders, Daniel Castro, David Grisman, and Kitka.
* Acoustic bass player Jim Kerwin was a full-time member of the David Grisman Quartet for 24 years, and has had the opportunity to play and record with Sven Assmussen, Yo-Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer, Bela Fleck, Del McCoury, Stephane Grappelli, and Jerry Garcia. To date he has played bass on six Grammy-nominated recordings.