A GOOD CD,,,,BUT NOT AS GOOD AS HER FIRST 3
R. C. Walker | Hazel Green, AL United States | 09/09/2003
(4 out of 5 stars)
"I'VE BEEN A CHERRELLE FAN EVER SINCE I SAW HER IN ALEXANDER O'NEAL'S VIDEO "INNOCENT". HER "FRANGILE" ALBUM WAS GREAT,"HIGH PRIORITY" WAS CHERRELLE AT HER BEST. "AFFAIR" WAS GOOD,"THE WOMAN IN ME" WAS OK. AND NOW "THE RIGHT TIME" GOOD. MY FAVORITES ON THIS CD "SLEEPIN WITH THE ENEMY" ,NEXT TO YOU AND BABY COME TO ME W/ ALEXANDER O'NEAL.I HOPE CHERRELLE AND JIMMY JAM AND TERRY LEWIS WILL REJOINING AND MAKE ANOTHER GREAT ALBUM LIKE HIGH PRIORITY."
Could be much better
C. Feldmueller | Mannheim | 09/11/2002
(3 out of 5 stars)
"I waited so long for a new album of Cherrelle and when she finally released this one in 1999 I ordered it emediately, becuase it was never published in Germany. Well, here is my review:1) (Intro) - I thought "oh my god, if this should be a good intro, how will be the rest ??"
2) (Right Time) - Okay, this song is really good, not her best ever but very danceable, has a good beat and some nice lines to sing-a-long
3) (Stop loving you) - Stop playing it. Cheesy chorus, stupid arrangement, just forget it
4) (Just tell me) - This should be a single, I saw a video of it online but never found a cd single. This is a great R & B track. Cherrelle at her best, you can't just sit there and just listen, you have to move smoothly to the beat
5) (Don't) - Best title for this...: "Don't" - so why did she ?
6) (Sleeping with the enemy) - I like this song a lot ! Should be also released as single. Good groove, great vocals.
7) (Interlude) - Let's not talk about that !
8) (Next to you) - This is the worst song ever. Why did she record this track ? Her vocals are so bad, almost no beats, this songs really needs a mix-up. It's so baldy arranged you can't believe it. And the chorous is so terrible... no no no...
9) (Baby, come to me) Cherrelle and her best friend Alexander O'Neil are back together to record a great remake of a great song. I really love it. It such a happy song that you sing-a-long, gets you in a good mood and makes you move
10) (Never leave you lonely) - Okay, average song, won't disturb you at all, nice to listen to.
11) (Into my eyes) - well, Cherrelle, nice try but you won't catch mine with this song, but used to fill an album it's okay.
12) (Pillow talk) - Okay, the first time I listened to this song I really like it and wanted it as a single, but after several times I thought "In a way it's a big cheesy and just a nice song". It's just pop I guess, nothing real to be remembered but not really Cherrelle's style.
13) (Let it go) - Yes, let it go home
14) (Saturday Love) - What on earth got into the remixer to make such a mess out of this classic ? It's a kind of freestyle version that doesn't fit at all with this track. Who was responsible for putting it on this album ? This one should be fired.
15) (Outro) - well, we finally made it through this album.Cherrelle, PLEASE get together again with Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis or Narada Michael Walden. We miss your good days. You deserve so much better and we want you back. Don't let us wait so long again like you did between "Woman I am" and "The right time". But if so, choose carefully your working partners."
I bought the Album in 1999!
new jack swing era | atlanta, ga | 07/14/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Frist of i just want to say that iam not a big cherrelle fan.I ran across this album when i was just getting out of high school the same way i did with pebbles (greatest hits) but cherrelle put out five albums and pebbles sold a few more records. If i had know that cherrelle and pebbles was the ones that sing (saturday love & girlfriend) i might have enjoyed them more like i did with (KEITH SWEAT) growing up as a kid now back to the album it good to listen to something that between old and new it could have been twelve striaght track but i guess they wanted to do the 90's trends intros & outros one last time as a hole this sound like donnell jones LP (where i want to be)and some songs on here the frist single (THE RIGHT TIME) could have gotten radio airplay 6years ago but to much hype back then the final out come of the album it might have gone GOLD with (THE RIGHT LABEL) but being undergroud is good sometime if you want something laid back it is worth it but a true FAN! you might want to pass becaues some of you didn't like it then"