Best Of The Best!
weareallone | 01/08/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Wow This CD Got Me Hooked! I just had to buy every one of his CDs after this. Experience here, the Best songs of the BEST SINGER! Australia's #1 singer, Anthony Warlow is known internationally for his role as Enjolras in Les Miserables from the 'Complete Symphonic Recording" and for recording the Complete Work of Wildhorn's "Jekyll and Hyde" in the lead roles. He has released a number of solo recordings as well as cast recordings.
Anthony Warlow is, by far, my very favourite singer in the world! His voice just doesn't compare to anyone else. Classically trained, his voice has been described as a baritone with a high top. From his deep baritone, to the smooth crooning notes of a big band hit, to the modern day "pops and squeals" of rock/pop music, to the effortless soaring pure endless notes that are Anthony Warlow's trademark--he's got it all.
This is the first (and only) "best of" recording that Anthony has released. It is an ideal introduction to the man, his work and his other recordings
1. THIS IS THE MOMENT from 'Jekyll & Hyde' (1994 Cast)
2. THE MUSIC OF THE NIGHT from 'Phantom' (Centre Stage CD)
3. I'VE GOT A CRUSH ON YOU (Back In the Swing CD)
4. UNEXPECTED SONG (Midnight Dreaming CD)
5. RACE YOU TO THE TOP OF THE MORNING from 'Secret Garden'
6. BRING HIM HOME from 'Les Mis' (Centre Stage CD)
7. BEING ALIVE from 'Company' (On The Boards CD)
8. SOLILOQUY from 'Carousel' (Centre Stage CD)
9. DESERT SONG (BLUE HEAVEN) (Back In the Swing CD)
10. LOVE CHANGES EVERYTHNG from 'Aspects Of Love' (On The Boards CD)
11. WHO CAN I TURN TO? (Midnight Dreaming CD)
12. ANTHEM from 'Chess' (Centre Stage CD)
13. LILY'S EYES from 'Secret Garden' (Australian Cast)
14. I'LL BE SEEING YOU (Midnight Dreaming CD)
15. WITHOUT A SONG (Back In the Swing CD)"
Magnificent Voice Marred By Inferior Sound Quality
NYC critic | NEW YORK, NEW YORK United States | 03/12/2006
(3 out of 5 stars)
"Polydor collections often contain great selections, but the sound quality is frequently less than stellar; this is this case here. A huge fan of Warlow, I am disappointed with the inconsistent sound quality of this disc. "Hiss" is audible between songs and sometimes during. Sound levels are soft on some pieces and then increase noticably on following numbers. With all the technology available to temper problems, it's a shame that Polydor did not give this magnificent voice the star treatment it deserves."
Act One Review
J. Oberg | Littleton, CO | 07/03/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"The power and range of Anthony Warlow's voice is incredable. The song selections were nice as well, and incouraged me to find more of his CD's."