|All Artists: Ana Johnsson|
Title: Little Angel
Members Wishing: 2
Total Copies: 0
Label: Avex Trax
Release Date: 2/26/2007
Album Type: Import
Number of Discs: 2
SwapaCD Credits: 2
Little Does Not Describe It!
Garry W. Wright | Illinois, IL USA | 12/21/2007
(5 out of 5 stars)
"01. Little Angel (3.5/5) - This is the "intro" to the album. And actually for an intro, it's not that bad. It's kind of just Ana's voice and a xylophone-sounding instrument. Like I said, not too bad.
02. Break Through Time (3.5/5) - Starts out with Ana singing with an acoustic guitar and then gradually builds up. Good lyrics with a good message. "If I could break through time, I'd wipe it all and come out clean. Redo it all, like it should have been..."
03. Exception (3/5) - I like the music more than I like the lyrics, which I'm not saying are terribly bad. Rockin' guitar and Ana pelting out note after note.
04. Catch Me If You Can (4/5) - The guitar really leads the song here. It's just a really great song to get blow off some steam.
05. What If (5/5) - Awesome. The lyrics sort of speak to each person, cause each person has their own meaning of this song. Great soft background guitar on this track.
06. Playing God (4.5/5) - An awesome song with awesome lyrics and awesome music... pretty awesome, huh?
07. Burn (4.5/5) - A darker song about revenge. I'm pretty sure everyone can relate to it. It's bascially just Ana and her smokey voice singing with a guitar.
08. Days of Summer (5/5) - Great single for Ana. It's a fun-loving free song about the good ol' days of summer. Let's all take a moment to reminisce...
09. The Harder We Fall (4/5) - "Gonna stray, it seems we lost our way..." Well Ana certainly hasn't lost her way with this song. It's a great song with a steady guitar in the background, and cool uses with stringed instruments.
10. Still (5/5) - I'd probably have to say this is my favorite song on the album. It's a sad song about lost love, with kind of a 70's vibe. I love the beginning with the guitar, give it a listen...
11. Spit It Out (5/5) - Ana certainly spits it out with this song. It's all about those people who talk behind your back, and he or she needs to just say it to your face or shut up! Rockin' song!
12. Coming out Strong (5/5) - A great ending song (on the normal release). At almost 5 minutes long, she's just letting you know, you'll be stronger in the end.
13. Falling to Pieces (4/5) - Ana singing with an awesome guitar in the background, and the chorus is rockin'! "I'm out here alone, falling to pieces..."
14. If I'm Not Dreaming (4.5/5) - A darker song, but with the combination of the guitar and drums, it's not failing in the 'rock' category. Above all, a really nice song.
So above all, get this album. I personally didn't mind paying a little extra money for these bonus tracks. Even if you hadn't heard them, if you liked the album, you'd like them. PLUS there's a DVD that comes with it. It features a behind the scenes look at where Ana rights her songs and her in the studio; basically, you get inside her head. And there's also the "Exception" video.
F.Y.I. - The DVD is Region 2, so just be careful. But my computer allowed me to switch my Region and I could watch it, but that's probably not true for all computers.
But let's not end on a negative note, this album is a freakin' awesome album."