Discussion Forums - Blues

Topic: Mellow Blues?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Jain (Katcha S.)

Subject: Mellow Blues?
Date Posted: 11/1/2010 8:55 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I enjoy Dinah Krall, Norah Jones and even Renee Olstead. Any others like these that I should give a listen to? Ella Fitzgerald when in her mellow songs are lovely, but I am so NOT a fan of scat singing!

Michelle E.

Subject: Thanks!
Date Posted: 11/3/2010 9:33 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

You've just made a new Norah Jones fan!  WOW!  Have to listen to the other ladies now.

Keep this thread going!

Jain (Katcha S.)

Subject: More to appreciate
Date Posted: 11/3/2010 11:52 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Michelle, I am happy to have your find a new-to-you artist. This is exactly what I hope to accomplish with this thread. Maybe Forums activity will pick up if we find ways to make it work for us better.

Katcha

Michelle E.

Date Posted: 11/10/2010 6:21 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I agree.  I've just happily rec'd Norah's "Come Away with Me" album, and am looking for more in that vein, by either male or female vocalists.  Lovely!

Jain (Katcha S.)

Subject: More mellow blues
Date Posted: 11/12/2010 10:30 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Michelle you may want to check out Peggy Lee and Linda Rondstadt (Round Midnight) too. Chris Isaak is also good. I found an AT&T promotional cd featuring a concert with several ladies doing mostly 'standards'. Stevie Nicks did a smokin' version of At Last! Wish she would sing more like that. Renee Olstead has only one album that I know of and would love to hear more from her. Sting has a few in this line, but you have to dig thru all his other stuff to find it.

Jain (Katcha S.)

Subject: Stormy Weather
Date Posted: 11/12/2010 10:50 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Took some looking - the AT&T album is called Stormy Weather and I see its still on my CD Tower. Thought it already got scooped up - guess its just an odd title or not categoried easily.