Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Are my wishes ignored if there is no money in my account?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
myke007 (Mike P.)

Subject: Are my wishes ignored if there is no money in my account?
Date Posted: 12/31/2009 5:34 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

About a year ago, my swapacd account fell to 10 cents (my credits are also at zero, but I could transfer credits from the sister sites anytime). I decided to only replenish the accounts when a wished cd is offered to me. However, I haven't been offered a wished CD since that time even though I'm number one in line for many. Am I being passed over because my accounts are void of $$ and credits? Or are my desired cd's just not being posted?

I

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 12/31/2009 5:58 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Hi Mike,

I'm going to just hazard a guess here, but I see "holds" on wishlisted items pretty often.  I had one just yesterday.  The status said the item was held pending another member having enough credits.  The "hold" went away today, so I'm guessing the credits never came through in the 48 hours during which it was held.

The down side (or not, depending on which side of the transaction you are on) of the item being on "hold status" is that during that time it appears ordered/unavailable, if you go to the CDs posted today.  That means, for the trader offering the item, it loses its precious few days of being visible and available....especially if the person who wants it never obtains a credit, or just changes his or her mind about wanting it.  People who might have ordered it won't see it become available again unless they specifically go back and check.  

Anyhow -- I think you would have seen your wishlisted items come in, and you'd get 48 hours to make sure you have a credit for it.  Now, as far as also having no money in your account, I don't know what that might do.

14 (Lars N.)

Date Posted: 12/31/2009 6:08 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

This is explained in the Help section.  To read it, do the following:

1. click Help Center
  2. click Using the SwapaCD Wish List
  3. click How The Wish List Works

Carefully read and understand the difference between Auto Request and 48 Hour Offer.  It sounds like you may want to use the 48 Hour Offer option and perhaps are using Auto Request.

It says, among other things:

• "CDs on your Wish List on Auto Request will be mailed to you as soon as they are available if you have a credit and enough swapacd money in your account."
  • "An Auto Request will no longer become an offer if you do not have Credit/Money. It will pass over you until you obtain a Credit or SwapaCD Money. Your place in line will be preserved."
  • "This feature [48 Hour Offer] is also useful if you need time to purchase money or credits, or transfer credits from your PBS or swapadvd account into your SwapaCD account.  If you do not have credits or money in your account and Auto Request is set for an item, you will be passed over for the item... On the other hand, if the item is set to 48 Hour Offer and you do not deposit credits/money to claim the Wish within 48 hours, you will forfeit your place in line."
icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 12/31/2009 8:26 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Lars, that's very useful even for those of us who've been doing this for a while.  Just shows it's good to go back and read the help files!  thanks for posting it.

myke007 (Mike P.)

Subject: ...
Date Posted: 12/31/2009 8:54 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Boy I feel like a dork. Much of my wishlist is indeed on auto request. Oh well. On the bright side, perhaps an avalanche of offers will now come in and it'll be like Christmas in January. Thanks for the help. Happy New Year.