Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: CD played fine for me but requester says it doesn't work

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Breninithaca (Bren H.)

Subject: CD played fine for me but requester says it doesn't work
Date Posted: 6/27/2009 9:08 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I sent out a CD a few days ago that played absolutely fine on my computer. The requester is saying it doesn't work for him and that the packaging was intact.

I'm not sure what I should do in this situation? The help files say the credit should be returned but I was under the impression that you got your credit back as soon as you marked something RWAP on this site. At least I know I always have...both my credit and the money I paid for the transaction have always been returned to me by the site, not the sender. Or has that changed now?

Keerayduh (Steve L.)

Date Posted: 6/27/2009 2:30 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Hi Brendon,

The fact is that it could have played perfectly on your computer and not on someone else's computer and/or CD player.  That might not be the most ordinary circumstance - but some machines are more sensitive than others.  (Not like the old days when a nickel on the tone arm allowed almost anything to be played :)

But if it was marked RWAP, they would get their credit back from the site immediately and I believe that you would not get the credit you would have received if it were received without a problem.  They would get their transaction fee back as well - you didn't pay a transaction fee on your end.

Regards,    Steve :)

djtal (Daniel T.)

Date Posted: 6/27/2009 4:13 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

When a person sends something that obviously should not have been traded, I think it's appropriate that they lose their credit.

But in this case, where there appears to be no negligence on the sender's part, it seems like a raw deal to lose your credit.

Unfortunately, they have to make rules that are clear cut and objective.

kayote (Kayote B.)

Date Posted: 7/1/2009 1:10 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

The system should have handled credits, so you don't need to do anything.

I didn't think you lost a credit if something showed up damaged that you sent.   I've only had broken by PO, though, so maybe it's different.

I've two different computers. Most things play in both, but I've found a few CDs that play in only one or the other. Not consistent which either.