Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Non Machineable Mail?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
myke007 (Mike P.)

Subject: Non Machineable Mail?
Date Posted: 5/28/2009 10:04 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I'm in a bind. I sent out a 2-disc set ten days ago with swapacd postage & delivery confirmation. USPS.com still hasn't acknowledged receiving the package even though I handed it to a postal clerk  10 days ago. I'd hate to think it was stolen by postal employees. I notice the wrapper says "non-machineable mail". I was wondering if that could be reason for the delay. Has anyone here worked at a P.O. where this might be the case?

bossajake (Patrick J.)

Date Posted: 5/29/2009 6:34 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

postal losses are extremely rare to begin with but it happens sometimes, postal theft, particularly by postal employees, is almost unheard of - who in their right mind would risk the benefits they receieve for a $10 cd?  sorry, but i think that idea is way off base.  not sure what they bind is either because if whatever you send doesn't show up the system automatically marks it as lost and you get your credits - whether you used delivery confirmation or not - you don't even have to ask for them.    patrick

myke007 (Mike P.)

Subject: ...
Date Posted: 5/29/2009 3:41 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I also agree that postal theft is rare. I just wish the scanning activity would start because if you were to type in the confirmation number, it looks like I didn't deliver the package to the P.O. in the first place. Guess I'm just paranoid about being accused of mail fraud.

Can a package leave a post office without being scanned? Hopefully that's what happened and the receiver got his cd. Of course, what are the odds that 4 P.O.'s (my town and state po's, plus the reciever's town and state p.o.'s) all forgot to scan a barcoded package?

If a cd goes lost, does the requestor get his credits back too?

Elizabeth G.

Date Posted: 10/22/2009 4:10 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Actuually it happens.  I have had this happen when I sent a book out on Paperback swap.  I use Delivery Confirmation on all three of these sites and I've had it hapen twice on paperback swap when I sent a book  and once when I recieved a book.  I'll tell you like I've been told it is not package tracking it is Delivery Confirmation.  It confirms that the package was recieved not tell you where it stops.  As long as the last post office that recieves it scans it your still getting what you paid for.  If it doesn't get scanned at the last postoffice then you should be able to ask for you money back if the reciever gets it.  Thats how I was explained DC from my local postoffice.

Yes  the requestor gets his credits back too. 

Has it been out a long time when did you mail it?