Discussion Forums - Cassette/LP/8-Track/45 Bazaar

Topic: Rules for Swapping in the Bazaar

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
3 (Len S.)
SwapaCD Team

Subject: Rules for Swapping in the Bazaar
Date Posted: 4/21/2009 3:50 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Note: In the interest of brevity, will refer to this as the CL84 Bazaar (Cassettes, Lps, 8-tracks, 45s). That is, until a member writes in with a much cooler name :)

Please Note: Deals made in the CL84 Bazaar are the sole responsibility of the members involved in the deal. SwapaCD does not guarantee swaps made in the Bazaar, nor do we offer any recourse for credits and/or discs that are lost as a result of trading in the Bazaar. Please refrain from contacting us regarding Bazaar deals unless rules stated below are broken.

The CL84 Bazaar is a forum where members can advertise older music formats that are unpostable on our main site. Examples include:

1. Cassettes

2. LPs - Long Playing albums that play on turntables (commonly called albums)

3. 8-Track Tapes (that have never been used as doorstops!)

4. 45s - vinyl singles that also play on a turntable (aka, record player)

5. Reel-to-Reel music tapes

There are a few rules that must be followed to post in the Bazaar. Breaking these rules may result in suspension of forum privileges or expulsion from the club.

• No copied items are permitted for swapping anywhere on SwapaCD.  This is a rule; it is also the law.  Offering a copied cassette (or any other format)   in the Bazaar will cause expulsion from the club.
  • In the CL84 Bazaar, each member may start a maximum of 2 topics per day, and may "bump" a topic only once per day (not the same day that the topic was started).  This is a rule.
    • Do not continue to "bump" your older topics to the front page if you have any listings there already.
    • Combine your listings! Any more than 2 on the front page from the same member will cause all of your listings to be deleted.
    • This is to permit everyone to have a chance to have their topic appear on the front page for a while, and not be "crowded out" by one relentless poster.
  • Only older physical music formats (not CDs, MP3s, etc.) may be offered in the CL84 Bazaar.   This is a rule.
  • You cannot ask or offer more than the "SwapaCD price" (1 credit) at any time. For example, if you offer a 3-cassette box set, you can't ask for more than 3 credits.  This is a rule.
  • Topics advertising your older-format music must be confined to the CL84 Bazaar.  This is a rule.
  • Members must be courteous and respectful to one another. This is a rule.
  • Fraudulent offerings will not be tolerated and will result in expulsion from the club as well as possible legal action.

Here are the typical steps for completing a deal in the Bazaar:

1. The listing member creates a forum topic with a title describing what's being offered and additional details in the body of the post.

2. The receiving member finds an item they're interested in and reads existing posts to make sure the item hasn't been claimed. If not, the receiving member should post a short claim to alert others that the item has been taken.

3. Send a personal message (PM) to the listing member to confirm details and availability of the item.

4. The listing member confirms by PM.

5. The receiving member PMs the listing member with a delivery address.

6. The receiving member "buddies" the required number of credits to the listing member. Please see "How do I give credits to other members?" in the Help Center for assistance, if necessary.

7. Upon receiving credits, the listing member packs and ships the item. The listing member should also edit their original Bazaar posting and change the title of the post to note the items that have been claimed.

Finally, here are a couple of recommendations to ensure successful use of the Bazaar:

• It is wise to consolidate your CL84 Bazaar topics: title them with something eye-catching ("The Bands of Athens and Seattle"), and give details in the first post (titles, release dates, artists, etc. of the items you are offering).  This is a recommendation.
  • It is not recommended to start CL84 Bazaar topics saying only "look at my stuff!" or "order from me".  These topics clutter up the Bazaar and don't really help members know if you have anything that they might like. This is a recommendation.

If everyone adheres to these rules and recommendations, the CL84 Bazaar will be a safe, dependable method of swapping quality items that would otherwise be unpostable on SwapaCD.

bossajake (Patrick J.)

Subject: what a great idea
Date Posted: 4/21/2009 9:44 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

hello all,

we now have an obsolete audio forum to post all of our dust collecting older audio related material (cassettes, lp's, 8 tracks and 45's) - the cl84 bazaar - this is awesome!  (and i'm not referring to the name of the bazaar - good grief :)    seriously though - their responsiveness to this issue and to other questions i've posed to them over the past few months has been absolutely amazing.  those guys at swapacd know a good idea when they hear it. :)

i hope everyone will consider making use of the forum to trade off their old stuff.  so drag out that old peach crate of record albums and get busy posting -  i can't wait to see the thing get rolling.

thanks swapacd for listening to the members!      patrick    bossajake

Darryl H.

Subject: audio cassettes
Date Posted: 6/2/2009 1:39 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Is it best to use the forum to swap or make offers on audio cassettes here?

MicheleM (Michele M.)

Subject: 45's and LP's
Date Posted: 3/4/2012 10:02 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Disclaimer: I have not had a record player for years, these should play fine but I have no way to test them....F.Y.I. Want to get rid of them quickly....moving...

I have the following 45's (would be willing to take a credit for every 3 of them.......or make me an offer for all.

Prince and The Revolution-Kiss

I've had the time of my life and Mickey & Sylvia(from Dirty Dancing)

Tears for Fears-Everybody wants to Rule the World  and Pharoahs

Sixteen Candles Soundtrack Music

Joe Piscopo Honeymooners Rap

All I need by Jack Wagner

Bon Jovi's Bad Medicine and 99 in the Shade

Genesis Invisible Touch and The Last Domino

Bob Seger It's you

Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton Islands in the Stream

Foreigner I want to know what love is and Street Thunder

David Lee Roth Yankee Rose

Heart These Dreams

LP's as follows....2 for 1 credit or make me offer for all.....

Beatles Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

The Very best of Richard Pryor

Billy Squier Signs of Life

Hair (Musical)

Chicago

Bee Gees 2years on

Queen A Night at the Opera

Led Zepplin II

Night Ranger 7 wishes

Gotcha Soundtrack

Night Ranger Big Life

Last Edited on: 3/4/12 10:12 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
BLUETRANE54 (Jeffrey T.)

Subject: The Complete Blue Note Recordings of Thelonious Monk (Mosaic MR4-101)
Date Posted: 2/20/2013 6:16 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Gently used Lps, missing booklet. I'd like 4 credits as this is a limited edition of high quality.

Last Edited on: 2/20/13 6:18 AM ET - Total times edited: 1