Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: What do I do?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
selkie (C.M P.)

Subject: What do I do?
Date Posted: 8/9/2008 12:31 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

On the last CD I had sent out the person claimed that they had gotten an incorrect CD. I have traded several copies of this CD on this and two other trading sites and always post by using the UPC & by comfirming all information as correct.

The only other CD I had sent out that day was of the same thing. The one to the other site was in the case & the one sent for the person that requested from here was sent all the art work & the CD---their  CD was actually my own personal copy (because I thought it was my last one at the time) that I had listened to  several times & so I knew it was what it was supposed to be.

I think the person only reported it as being wrong  because it was not what they thought. It has only two songs, rather than being a full album. It is listed correctly on the site as only having two songs. I have questioned what they got in error (knowing full well that they did not receive a different item)  and they have not even bothered to respond.

It really bothers me that someone would ruin a person's good standing by reporting that they sent the incorrect item. On all the sites I use, I have 100% positive feedback on all of them.

I would also like to warn people about dealing with this person but it does not seem to be any ethical way of doing so. They also deal on at least  one of the sister-sites of Swap-a-CD.

What can I do?

selkie (C.M P.)

Date Posted: 8/10/2008 4:19 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Well, I guess peoplereally do not care so long as itdoes not happen to them... 

Azimuth (David H.)

Date Posted: 8/11/2008 1:01 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Maybe:

Help Center

Contact Us

Send Us Feedback

"Problem"

selkie (C.M P.)

Subject: Aleardy done.
Date Posted: 8/11/2008 7:51 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I had already done that when the person that requested it did not respond to the messages.  I feel one should try to work it out with the other person before getting the Help Center involved.

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 8/11/2008 12:45 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Hi Selkie,

Aw, don't take it amiss if people don't jump right in from the Forums.  A lot of people do their computering stuff  when they are in front of a computer -- and not on weekends.  Besides, we aren't anybody official or anything, just a bunch of your fellow traders.  Here to commiserate, mostly.  We can all relate.

You're right,  I think -- you do want to communicate with your trader FIRST..because, well, you know the reason: good communication is good -- and also, despite the fact that the Help Center is fantastically responsive with system problems, they, too don't always do this stuff on weekends, and I believe they are pretty up front about not getting into individual transactions very  much.  So be it.  They do a great job.

Someone pointed out on one of the threads that it's good to think of SACD as  a hobby site, rather than a business: that model should extend to stuff like misunderstandings between traders.   Sometimes it just takes time for people to sort things out between each other.  And when problems come up  -- remember (in the good way) this is definately not eBay: there are is no "system" that you can look "bad" to anyone in, or lose standing or whatever.  It's a lot easier and more "human-based"  than that and a million times less snarky.  Try to talk to your trader, and if he or she isn't willing to back down, there' s no harm in re-approaching the Help Center via "contact us" -- but you have to accept the decision they make.  I had a similar wrong-disk situation last week, with a disk-only trade (I was the sender).  The help center was very thoughtful about it and luckily  it was resolved to everyone's satisfaction... 

Love your username, by the way! 

from ICB, just another trader, but hopes things go easier for you from this point.  Take care....  and let us know how it turns out!