Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: posted CD's that are not available

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
drillo (Larry D.)

Subject: posted CD's that are not available
Date Posted: 3/30/2008 12:47 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Why is it that I order a posted CD and then it says " Oops that CD is now not available " ?

Classicana (Anna B.)

Date Posted: 3/30/2008 10:41 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I can only suppose that members often post CDs meaning to have them on Hold but then fail to make sure they are actually listed that way....  Also, they could have had that CD requested on another site, and just hadn't removed it from their SaCD tower (I dislike multiple site listings for that very reason).  Someone else in the home may have taken it, broken it, lost it, given it away....  It's annoying, but at least it isn't costing you anything while you wait for a response or search for another one to order - unlike my recent order for a compressor part that was to be shipped within 24 hrs (credit card charge went thru immediately) - to be notified a week later that it was now on back-order, and two weeks after that to be notified that it was no longer available.  Then I had to call and fuss to get the refund back on my credit card.  

Don'cha just love it when the response to your problem is, "That's nothing - let me tell you my story...!"  heh heh heh

kayote (Kayote B.)

Date Posted: 3/30/2008 1:55 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Or if it is the site telling you it's not available it could be someone ordered it before you.

So it was just posted....and it was just requested also. 

I think there is a way to see only CDs that are still available, but don't remember how. I don't browse much so don't use it.

twintoni (Toni B.)

Date Posted: 3/30/2008 6:29 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

After you click on the search option  of CD's posted today, you have the choice to click Show Available Only.

Advertisement (Bret H.)

Date Posted: 3/30/2008 8:12 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Between the time you searched for it and requested it, either the posting member delisted it or someone else ordered it.  I've seen a similar message sometimes when I've been looking at the results of some search, ordered a CD that had only one copy in the system, then hit the "back" button on my browser - the details screen that comes up on the first "back" is an "oops no longer available" message, the next one is the search results.

You just gotta be faster on the draw...