Discussion Forums - CD Bazaar

Topic: Rules for Swapping in the Bazaar

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:
3 (Len S.)
SwapaCD Team

Subject: Rules for Swapping in the Bazaar
Date Posted: 3/11/2008 5:14 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Please Note: Deals made in the CD Bazaar are the sole responsibility of the members involved in the deal. SwapaCD does not guarantee swaps made in the Bazaar, nor do we offer any recourse for credits and/or discs that are lost as a result of trading in the Bazaar. Please refrain from contacting us regarding Bazaar deals unless rules stated below are broken.

The CD Bazaar is a forum where members can advertise:

1. CDs that are unpostable due to not being in our database

2. CDs that are missing supplemental items mentioned in the CD title. The post MUST make it clear which item(s) are not included.

3. CDs that are on a member's "My CD Tower"

There are a few rules that must be followed to post in the Bazaar. Breaking these rules may result in suspension of forum privileges or expulsion from the club.

• No copied discs are permitted for swapping anywhere on SwapaCD.  This is a rule; it is also the law.  Offering a copied/burned CD  in the Bazaar will cause expulsion from the club.
  • In the CD Bazaar, each member may start a maximum of 2 topics per day, and may "bump" a topic only once per day (not the same day that the topic was started).  This is a rule.
    • Do not continue to "bump" your older topics to the front page if you have any listings there already.
    • Combine your listings! Any more than 2 on the front page from the same member will cause all of your listings to be deleted.
    • This is to permit everyone to have a chance to have their topic appear on the front page for a while, and not be "crowded out" by one relentless poster.
  • You are NOT ALLOWED to offer a member something from their Wish List in exchange for sending something off your Wish List.  This is a rule.
  • You are NOT ALLOWED to bypass our whole request process by making 1-for-1 deals with POSTABLE CDs.  This is a rule.
  • Only music discs (CDs) may be offered in the CD Bazaar.   This is a rule.
  • You cannot ask or offer more than the "SwapaCD price" (1 credit per disc ) at any time.  This is a rule.
  • Topics advertising your CDs must be confined to the CD Bazaar.  This is a rule.
  • Members must be courteous and respectful to one another. This is a rule.
  • Fraudulent offerings will not be tolerated and will result in expulsion from the club as well as possible legal action.

Here are the typical steps for completing a deal in the Bazaar:

1. The listing member creates a forum topic with a title describing what's being offered and additional details in the body of the post.

2. The receiving member finds a CD they're interested in and reads existing posts to make sure the item hasn't been claimed. If not, the receiving member should post a short claim to alert others that the item has been taken.

3. Send a personal message (PM) to the listing member to confirm details and availability of the disc.

4. The listing member confirms by PM.

5. The receiving member PMs the listing member with a delivery address.

6. The receiving member "buddies" the required number of credits to the listing member. Please see "How do I give credits to other members?" in the Help Center for assistance, if necessary.

7. Upon receiving credits, the listing member packs and ships the CD. The listing member should also edit their original Bazaar posting and change the title of the post to note the discs that have been claimed.

Finally, here are a couple of recommendations to ensure successful use of the Bazaar:

• It is wise to consolidate your CD Bazaar topics: title them with something eye-catching ("The Bands of Athens and Seattle"), and give details in the first post (titles, release dates, artists of the CDs you are offering, especially if the CDs are unpostable/do not appear on your Tower).  This is a recommendation.
  • It is not recommended to start CD Bazaar topics saying only "look at my tower!" or "order from me".  These topics clutter up the Bazaar and don't really help members know if you have anything on your tower that they might like. This is a recommendation.

If everyone adheres to these rules and recommendations, the CD Bazaar will be a safe, dependable method of swapping quality items that would otherwise be unpostable on SwapaCD.

Regarding Buying/Selling Credits between Members: this is allowed, but the minimum price must be $3.00 per Credit. Please read this.

Reno-ness (Steve S.)

Subject: Some Advice
Date Posted: 3/11/2008 8:18 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Go ahead and add some discs to your tower!

Kerensky97 (Dustin B.)

Date Posted: 3/12/2008 11:42 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Thank You!

Having 5 posts for 5 seperate CDs was getting on my nerves.  As was the constant bumping of the same tower of CDs I had ignored the day before (and every day before that).  It's only courtious to have one post for your CDs, and to only bump it if there has been many new CDs added since the last time people posted.

But could we get some clarification.  Does the following mean that "2 for 1" deals are against the rules?
"You cannot ask or offer more than the "SwapaCD price" (1 credit ) at any time.  This is a rule."

Classicana (Anna B.)

Date Posted: 3/12/2008 1:33 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Steve, I read that as meaning you can't offer a much-wished-for cd for more than one credit, nor can you offer to pay more than one credit for a cd that you want...

eta: In other words, no horse-trading!

Len, the one thing that I'd like to see added is a suggestion for posters to edit their thread headers to show that the disc or offer is no longer available  - Closed;  Gone;  Too Late; whatever - so others wouldn't continue to look and pm requests.

Last Edited on: 3/12/08 1:44 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
3 (Len S.)
SwapaCD Team

Subject: Clarifications
Date Posted: 3/12/2008 4:19 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

"Does the following mean that "2 for 1" deals are against the rules?
You cannot ask or offer more than the "SwapaCD price" (1 credit ) at any time.  This is a rule."

No. "2 for 1" deals are fine as long as the larger number represents the number of separate CD titles. Anna hit the nail on the head -- no offering or asking more than 1 credit per CD or CD set.

"I'd like to see added is a suggestion for posters to edit their thread headers to show that the disc or offer is no longer available"

I've edited #7 in typical steps to include your suggestion.

Classicana (Anna B.)

Date Posted: 3/12/2008 5:32 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Thanks, Len. that should help toward an easier-to-use forum.

sheryl (Sheryl D.)

Date Posted: 3/12/2008 7:20 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

This is awesome. Thank you!

wisewoman (Amy T.)

Date Posted: 3/12/2008 10:41 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Just a note on something that's bugged me for awhile now... in the header above, "Club rule - Please, if you can not be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.", "can not" should be one word: "cannot."

3 (Len S.)
SwapaCD Team

Subject: Bug thee no more!
Date Posted: 3/13/2008 5:24 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I have changed all instances of "can not" to "cannot" across all three sites. That should take care of it until one of us programmers tries to write another sentence that members can see. :)

Random semi-related thoughts...

I first learned to program in BASIC and for years afterward (and sometimes still) I would write "Go to" as "Goto", like the command in BASIC.

If our language had any consistency whatsoever, the line at the top would read: "Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, DONOT post in this forum.", wouldnot it?

Webster's Dictionary offers this definition of "cannot": can not. Now, how many people, after looking it up, said: "Oh, now I get it! I thought it had something to do with carrots."

Classicana (Anna B.)

Date Posted: 3/13/2008 9:00 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Len, actually, you're correct either way - and that can (and may) be pronounced  'ee-thur'  or 'eye-thur'.

Last Edited on: 3/13/08 9:01 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
wisewoman (Amy T.)

Date Posted: 3/14/2008 8:53 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Oh lovely, now I can sleep at night :-P. Thanks Len!

Stephen E.

Date Posted: 4/23/2008 11:44 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Mark A.

Subject: Charlie Louvin CD
Date Posted: 5/12/2008 1:15 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I have a sealed Charlie Louvin CD that is not in the database. The title is "Heaven Knows" and is a collection of inspirational songs on the Vision Quest label.

1  . Heaven Knows It Must

2.   Soon The Lord Will Come

3.   Daddy's Prayer

4.   Be A Light

5.   I Have Seen Forever In Her Eyes

6.   His Hands

7.   Mary Had A Little Lamb

8.   Yesterday's Me

9.   It Had To Be Jesus

10. Whispering Now

Thanks,

webdoggy2

ToniG (Toni G.)

Subject: Body Mix-exercise CD's
Date Posted: 5/14/2008 10:19 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I have 2 CD's

1-Megamixed Sixties cardio

2 Megamix Disco Cardio

novelwriter (Melanie W.)

Subject: Just a suggestion
Date Posted: 5/14/2008 3:03 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Hi Len-

Just a suggestion what ever happened to contractions? That would be much easier for me to follow.  Just a suggestion.  Good Luck!

Last Edited on: 5/14/08 3:04 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
lvblue52 (Roger H.)

Subject: Till the End of TimeGlorious Melodies That Will Live Forever, (from Readers
Date Posted: 5/22/2008 10:53 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

This set contains 4 CDs.  Easy to listen to and very soothing.

Mike T.

Date Posted: 6/6/2008 6:56 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Donnie Baker "Boat for Sale."  1st disc for comedian on the Bob and Tom show

jr8budcrazy (Becky W.)

Subject: The Monty Python Instant Record Collection
Date Posted: 6/9/2008 9:39 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I have a CD that is not in the database.

The Pick of the Best of Some Recently Repeated Python Hits Again, Vol. II

1.  The Executive Intro

2.  Pet Shop

3.  Nudge Nudge

4.  Premiere of Film Live Broadcast From London

5.  Bring Out Your Dead

6.  How Do You Tell A Witch

7.  Camelot

8.  Argument Clinic

9.  Crunchy Frog

10.  The Cheese Shop

11.  The Phone-In

12.  Sit On My Face

13.  Another Executive Announcement

14.  Bishop On The Landing

15.  Elephantoplasty

16.  The Lumberjack Song

17.  Bookshop

18.  Blackmail

19.  Farewell To John Denver

20.  World Forum

21.  String

22.  Wide World Of Novel Writing

23.  Death Of Mary Queen Of Scots

24.  Never Be Rude To An Arab

The case, front jacket and back jacket are all here.

Thank You,

Becky

Sara R.

Date Posted: 8/3/2008 12:29 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Is it allowable to just give away burnt cds (not actually SWAP, but include them with other orders)? I have a ton to get rid of and would hate to throw them away.

Bibliosopher (Rachel J.)

Subject: Unpostable CD Offered: Mars Electric "Fame Among the Vulgar"
Date Posted: 8/14/2008 11:00 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I have the above CD with all inserts.  Tracks include:

1. Bemused

2. Disco King

3. Queen of Suffering

4. Descend

5. Heaven's Gate

6. Baby's Got a Brand New Life

7. Did I Say Too Much

8. Dancing in the Clouds

9. Don't Say Goodbye

10. I'm Not Dreaming

Plays well.  Just not my kind of music.

ciupaga (Elizabeth C.)

Date Posted: 8/20/2008 12:04 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Sara R., no since that would be illegal activity.

spectralsun (Nicole V.)

Date Posted: 8/23/2008 11:23 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Question: Would I be allowed to include a promo/advanced copy as part of a deal (i.e. "Order anything off my tower to receive a PROMO COPY of _____ CD for free")?

alio (Alison O.)

Subject: SOUL cd...
Date Posted: 9/16/2008 4:02 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Brand new cd entitled : SOUL comes with all the original papers (back and booklet)

1999 Trinity Records ( a division of Hendrix Records Inc.)

Christian singing group consisting of 9 african-american singers- described as a group of refreshing, energetic yet smooth contemporary vocalists, singing gospel lyrics with urban grooves. (3 sopranos, 3 altos, 3 tenors)

15 tracks as follows:

1. We are Soul  1:31

2. He can save your life  5:35

3. Lean on me  4:08

4. Jesus gave his life  5:01

5. I love thinking of U  (featuring Terrell Carter)  4:31

6. Thinking about you  4:47

7. Come on home  4:46

8. He is all I need  5:14

9. Uptown  4:35

10. Interlude  0:47

11. I will bless the Lord  3:14

12. Praising God  4:06

13. Heat of the moment  5:06

14. No one  3:31

15. I will always be around  2:13

zeeterman (Darin D.)

Subject: Hey!
Date Posted: 9/28/2008 9:04 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Hey!

What's with all the people posting their swaps on this page? This is the Rules for Swapping in the Bazaar page.

Newbies go back to the main CD Bizarre page and start a NEW post with your offerings. Don't clutter this page like I just have.

Swap-A-Nazi

Cheryl W.

Subject: Classic Country Hard to Find Hits
Date Posted: 10/14/2008 10:50 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Time Life Offering

Page: