Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: wish list

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Dana P.

Subject: wish list
Date Posted: 2/15/2008 2:33 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

i have neevr gotten any cd from my wish lsit. i go on daily and look for what i want. so how come my wishlist request is sitting for weeks and i need to go in myself and order what i want?

this is very frustrating? why waste the time on a wishlist

do others have this problem too

Kerensky97 (Dustin B.)

Date Posted: 2/15/2008 2:57 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Your wish list is rather small, and not rare but not common either.  My wishlist trading isn't very fast either and I have over 400 CDs wished for.

For the wishlist you need to be patient, incredibly so if you only have 6 CDs on it.

kayote (Kayote B.)

Date Posted: 2/15/2008 4:34 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

If you are finding CDs that are on your WL that are in the system, it's probably a different version.    If the CD has been released more than once, there are likely multiple UPCs tied to it.  You need to put them all on your wish list if you want them all to be auto-requested for you.

myke007 (Mike P.)

Date Posted: 2/16/2008 12:31 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Patience is key. I'm told that recently released items can take months or even years to get. That's what is happening on my paperbackswap account (17 books wished and the list hasn't moved on any of them during my 3 months as a member).

But you might get lucky...Dane Cook's latest cd is being mailed to me this week. I didn't think that cd would make it on swap sites so fast.

myke007 (Mike P.)

Subject: P.S
Date Posted: 2/16/2008 12:36 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Have you tried other swap sites? Most of them let you browse the inventory before signing up. It wouldn't hurt to search through the following :Titletrader, swaptree, barterbee, 2swap

Reno-ness (Steve S.)

Subject: Oh Yeah!
Date Posted: 2/16/2008 1:59 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I like my wish list and use it all over the place! When I'm shopping at a store, can I get a wish list item faster, better, cheaper there? Or the CD Club I belong to: do they have my wish list items?

I just found Dylan's Blonde on Blonde (#4 on my WL, and I was 1 of 3) at a mall in Laughlin for $7.99 new. They were having a sale of buy 2, get 1 free. I picked up Elvin Bishop Live and a Hank Sr. best of the early years. So for about $18 with tax that works out to what... $6 per.

I passed on a 10 Years After Cricklewood Green on the deal because I'm next up and it seems to be a quciker poster.

So in other words, don't hold your breath with the wish list. I honestly don't keep track of the wish list CDs I've actually received, but in my tenure here, it's a handful. And I am pretty selective (around 40 or so live on my wish list.

Now if this post has inspired or uplifted you at all, go ahead and post Bob Weir's Ace (remastered). That would make my day!

Love and Peace,

Reno

brandy (Brandy W.)

Date Posted: 2/17/2008 12:09 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I just had one of my wishlisted cds granted a couple days ago but this has been the only one.

Last Edited on: 2/17/08 12:14 AM ET - Total times edited: 1