Discussion Forums - Country

Topic: Where are all the Bluegrass Fans?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Chad H.

Subject: Where are all the Bluegrass Fans?
Date Posted: 7/11/2007 5:00 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I've swapped a few Rock CDs, and a couple Jazz, but most of my library is Bluegrass.  When I navigate to SwapaCD, I usually filter on Country>Blugrass by default.  Am I the only one?

E-Lo (Elizabeth L.)

Date Posted: 1/1/2008 5:33 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
I just joined, but have been a long-time lala member. I have eclectic tastes, but a large bluegrass collection as I used to play in a bluegrass band, produce a newsletter and do a radio show back in Southern California. Unfortunately, most of my tradable bluegrass is gone, but I did just post Don Rigsby's "Empty Old Mailbox" which is a nice CD. If I post any others I'll let you know!

Last Edited on: 1/1/08 5:34 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
bookaholic (DIANE M.)

Date Posted: 1/4/2008 5:20 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I joined awhile ago but never got around to posting many cd's here. I like all kinds of music. I may be moving in the spring, so I have been trying to downsize my collection. Today, I posted several bluegrass style cd's. Several are the Pickin' On  ones that they are bluegrass instrumental versions of a particular rock or country artist's hits. Check them out.  Thanks.

E-Lo (Elizabeth L.)

Date Posted: 1/7/2008 7:30 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
I just posted Casey Driessen's "3D" which is not bluegrass, but pretty cool fiddle music from a a talented young man. Bela Fleck, Viktor Krauss, Jerry Douglas, and Tim O'Brien are on the album. There is some interesting percussion and blues-rock-inspired vocals. He takes lots of chances, so it's NOT for purists! But very inventive--someone will want to check it out.
E-Lo (Elizabeth L.)

Date Posted: 1/13/2008 8:17 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I just noticed someone has posted the Lonesome River Band's "Old Country Town," which some bluegrass fan should snap right up. It's posted as disc-only, but it's really excellent contpemporary bluegrass, and my favorite line-up of this band: Dan Tyminski, Sammy Shelor, Tim Austin and Ronnie Bowman, all at the top of their games. Highly recommended!

Firefly (Cathy W.)

Date Posted: 1/31/2008 11:44 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

A definite bluegrass fan here...but I don't want to give up those CDs, so I haven't posted them.  :-)