Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: What is a Buddy?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
stopo (Leo B.)

Subject: What is a Buddy?
Date Posted: 3/21/2021 9:44 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I recently received a Buddy request . I have no idea what that is. Anyone know.

Dennis S.

Date Posted: 3/21/2021 11:14 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Below is the information from the Help Center. I have a buddy list, but can't say I've ever really used it.

The Buddy List allows you to keep contact with other SwapaCD members easily.   On the Buddy List page, you can see your Buddy's Tower and Wish List, check if she or he is online, send him or her a Personal Message, and more.  You can also give credits to other members using the Buddy List, and tag and sort your Buddies by tags that you create and apply.  Your Buddy List is in the menu under My Account.

Why use the Buddy List?

• The Buddy List is a great way to communicate with and keep track of a group
  • The Buddy List allows you to keep an eye on specific members' Towers:
    • If you have a good swap with someone who shares your musical tastes, you are likely to want to swap with that sender again.  You can put him or her on your Buddy List and use a custom-created tag "jazz CDs--great swapper!"; when you have some credits burning a hole in your pocket, you can go shopping on his or her Tower and submit your request for a CD directly to that Buddy.
    • If you meet someone on SwapaCD who has similar musical tastes, you can check his or her Tower periodically to see if she has posted anything new, or send a Personal Message to let your Buddy know when you have posted new CDs for swapping.
  • You can use the Buddy List to give other members credits
  • Click next to a name on your Buddy List, then
  • Choose the amount of credits to give
  • Click  Give Credits Now
  • An email will be sent to both giver and receiver documenting that credits have been given.