Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: A question about the Wish List Graph

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Michelle D.

Subject: A question about the Wish List Graph
Date Posted: 3/12/2021 10:46 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

When I look at a graph on the wish list, I sometimes see a yellow square. I know that I'm the red square, but who's the yellow square?

MusikLover (VALERIE L.)

Date Posted: 3/12/2021 11:16 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Michelle,  

The yellow square on the wish list graph means on vacation hold. 

You will not receives wishes while account is on vacation hold.

I think there's a caveat with the vacation hold.

If you want to receive wishes while on vacation hold, you set titles to auto-request.

Vacation hold puts your tower on hold so no one can order from your account. 

MusikLover (VALERIE L.)

Date Posted: 3/12/2021 12:25 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

The "Vacation Hold" feature basically "hides" your posted CDs as well as your Wish List CDs not on Auto Request until you return. This helps to avoid disappointment from other members who may try to request your CDs or post CDs for your Wish List while you are away.

MusikLover (VALERIE L.)

Date Posted: 3/12/2021 12:27 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

How does the Vacation Hold affect My Wish List?

All items not set to auto-request on your Wish List will be "hidden" from the system when a Hold is in effect. 

• If a Wish List CD becomes available while a Hold is in effect, and the Wish List CD is NOT set to auto-request:
    • you will be "passed over" for that copy
    • you will retain your place on the Wish List
  • If a Wish List CD becomes available while a Hold is in effect, and the Wish List CD IS set to auto-request:
    • if you have credit and at least 49 cents in your account to request the CD, it will be requested for you automatically, and sent to the mailing address on your account.
    • if you don't have any credits/money in your account, you will be passed over for that copy of the CD, but it will remain on your Wish List in the same position.

It is wise to set only those items you have credits for to auto-request on your Wish List during a Hold if you will be away from email while the Hold is in effect.

• You can choose auto-request for only those CDs you are "high up" in the queue for, as those are the ones that will most likely become available to you while you are away.

If you place a CD on your Wish List while a Hold is in effect, that Wish List item will not be hidden by the Hold.

• Think of your non-auto-requested Wish List items as a birthday present.   Whatever is on your Wish List will be "wrapped up" by the Hold when it goes into effect, and the birthday present will be "hidden" from view by the wrapping; anything placed on the birthday present after it has been wrapped (any newly Wishlisted CDs) will not be hidden from view.  This analogy also applies to how the Hold "hides" items on your CD Tower.
  • You can place each item on Hold as you add it to your Wish List if you don't want it to be visible to the system.
Michelle D.

Date Posted: 3/12/2021 1:36 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Ok, cool! Thank you for the information!