Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Do members actually pay for credits?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Trekglo (Gloria H.)

Subject: Do members actually pay for credits?
Date Posted: 12/13/2020 10:28 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I'm asking as I have far more credits than I'll ever use.  
Also, where exactly would be the best forum to make the offering.
And, what is the going rate. I realize they aren't of any great value, but have no idea.

Thanks
Gloria

GregoryNipper (Gregory N.)

Date Posted: 12/13/2020 5:00 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Offer them in the CD Bazaar part of the forum. The going rate is $3/credit. The credits probably won't sell swiftly, as many other members also have too many credits to use and have offered them for sale. That's a problem I've never had! If you're a member of Paperback Swap and Swap a DVD, you can of course also list your credits for sale there, and those sister sites are more active than this one.

Last Edited on: 12/13/20 5:02 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
MrD (Constantine D.)

Date Posted: 1/5/2021 10:33 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I don't have the need to pay for credits now, but could see doing that in the future.

Trekglo (Gloria H.)

Subject: So do swapaCD credits transfer to DVD or paperbackswap
Date Posted: 7/19/2021 7:33 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

If so, how does that work please?  

Thanks

Gloria

djtal (Daniel T.)

Date Posted: 7/19/2021 4:48 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Go to the Bazaar section.  There are probably about five threads near the top of the list where people are advertising that they have credits for sale.  $3.00 is the lowest price for which the site will allow credits to be sold.

TracyB (Tracy B.)

Date Posted: 7/19/2021 10:37 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Re: transfer of credits to sister sites.  Credits are transferred at a rate of 1:1:1

If you are already registered to one of the sister sites, you can click on the Kiosk tab (top right).  From the drop down arrow, choose the Transfer Credits option.  This brings up a screen with a list of transfer options.  Upper right arrow allows you to transfer credits to paperback swap, and lower right arrow allows you to tranfer credits to swapadvd.  After clicking the arrow, you will be asked to provide the user name and password to the site you are transferring to, and how many credits you want to transfer.

Daddy-O (Brad S.)

Date Posted: 7/25/2021 8:00 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I actually have purchased credits in the past when the free market determined the price.  It wasn't uncommon to find folks selling below $2 each back then.  Since the $3 minimum price rule went into effect, I haven't purchased any.

stabthefreak (Derek J.)

Date Posted: 11/4/2021 11:13 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I've bought my share of $3 credits, and bought loads when prices were lower. The price rule sucks, sure, but it honestly makes sense to me, I literally used to never send anything out for credits, just bought them because I was still shipping things Media Mail (I use stamps and mailers now) and before the $3 rule was passed, it was literally cheaper to just buy a credit than it was to mail out a CD, even when Media Mail wasn't $3.19 like it is now. But the issue with that is, if everyone is just buying credits instead of mailing out CDs to get credits, then less people are sending out CDs in general, and the site dies. Like, I still am somewhat picky about what I list, I often try to just list double disc albums because it's more credits for the postage costs, but I still buy credits when I'm low on em, I'm just pickier about what I order too because if I'm gonna essentially pay $3 for a CD, I'm less likely to take a risk on something that may end up sitting on my tower for ages after.