Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Activity in 2020?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Hollywooddreams (Stacy K.)

Subject: Activity in 2020?
Date Posted: 2/11/2020 2:14 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Hi everyone - I was a member here for a few years and went inactive in 2017.  I just reactivated, it seems like there aren't as many people participating (not a complete suprirse considering the declining interest in cds) - I was wondering how active the site has been in the past year?  Are a decent amount of trades still happening?

I did get a few requests immediately as I started to stock my tower again which gives me hope, but there seems to be a much smaller number of logged in users than there were in the past, and the boards dont' seem quite as active as they once were.

deutschrock (Angelika T.)

Date Posted: 2/12/2020 8:40 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Speaking only for me, there is very little going on.  I have had no wishes fulfilled at all in the past few months and have 7 credits right now to use up.  There is also no demand for the CDs on my Tower which is okay. I don't need more credits since I probably will have to give away my last 7 credits in June when I am closing my account.

So nothing coming in and nothing going out.

Welcome back Stacy.

djtal (Daniel T.)

Date Posted: 2/12/2020 9:32 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

My experience has been different than Angelika's.  Trading for me has been pretty steady.  Whenever my credits drop to around 10, I send some more trades out. 

I think that even though the site's membership may have dropped, the folks who are still around are more serious about trading.

There are plenty of good titles available, but you might have to do some digging to find them.  The first place to look is my CD Tower.  ;o)

Last Edited on: 2/16/20 8:29 AM ET - Total times edited: 1

Date Posted: 2/12/2020 1:22 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I'm a big hopeful in that the people who are still here are the more active collectors - i'm getting request and I have had a couple filled so far - will be giving this another try for sure.

Djtal I have traded with you in the past, your tower is always great!

mpt68 (Wade K.)

Date Posted: 2/12/2020 6:04 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Just go check out the kind of stuff that was posted for trade on 2/7 and even on 2/8. Phenomenal stuff that's getting added lately. Most of it was immediately gone, but some pretty great stuff remains.

I've been back for almost two years now, and I'm getting high quality trades all the time. I've gone through periods of having to turn stuff I wanted away because I can't keep enough credits. Just about everything I put up for trade gets snatched up quickly.

The only problem is USPS is as frustrating as ever. I've started reporting zip codes to SACD staff, and I encourage everyone to do the same.

Welcome back, and hope to trade with you at some point!

markg731 (Mark G.)

Date Posted: 2/13/2020 9:14 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

My trades have slowed down significantly. Could be my selection of music, although I do post new CDs every now and then. I haven't seen many new members in a while, and for the most part, I tend to trade with people I've traded with before. Occasionally I get someone whose name I don't recognize, buit it's rare.

MrD (Constantine D.)

Date Posted: 2/14/2020 9:31 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I came here maybe 2 months ago from the Swap A DVD site.   Almost immediateky I had requests for 6 of my CD's.   But since then it has slowed to a crawl.  I managed to get just one CD from my want list so far.   I am fairly specific in what I am looking for, so I didn't expect too much.   But some of the genres I am after (like traditional underground heavy metal, Christian heavy metal, Gospel music from 2011-2020) seem to not be represented here.  I figure I will give this site about a year's worth of try, and if none of my desired items show up, I will transfer my remaining credits to the Swap A DVD site.   6 credits here will get me 4 credits there, if I am not mistaken.

Date Posted: 2/15/2020 1:21 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I just got a cd thats been on my wishlist for years, and I have 2 more cds that I'm shipping this morning, so I'm pretty optimistic that the traders left here are the active ones.  Slowly listing things back on my tower. Glad to be back!

MusikLover (VALERIE L.)

Date Posted: 2/15/2020 1:40 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

MrD,  you're in for the long haul.

I just got CD's granted to me that were on my wishlist for 6 years and 4 years.

Put things on your wishlist and let it sit.

One day when checking your account you see you have been granted a wish!

I recommend checking your account often because when emails are not working you will miss the wl offer.

I almost missed a few offers that I never got emails for but I check the site daily. 

EllisDee (Jeff M.)

Date Posted: 2/16/2020 6:45 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

MrD, credits are worth the same on SwapaCD and SwapaDVD, and can be freely transferred back and forth with no penalty.

scotso (Scott C.)

Date Posted: 2/22/2020 8:55 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

in the last 30 day,s i sent out 80, and got 32.  Not many from my WL, but i check the new listing post, daily.This site is not what it used to be, and many of the cds are much more scratched than they used to be.  I don't generlally repost the scratched discs, plan to offer them on a bazaar sale, when i get around to it. 

Date Posted: 2/29/2020 8:59 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Update, I seem to be doing as well as I ever had before, I've been mailing out cds on a regular basis and got several in return.  I guess the traders that have remained are the active ones, so I'm glad to be back!

Anton S.

Subject: Wade K., what is this referring to?
Date Posted: 3/24/2020 8:54 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

"The only problem is USPS is as frustrating as ever. I've started reporting zip codes to SACD staff, and I encourage everyone to do the same."

Is this about broken CDs, or postage due, or lost CDs?

As for activity level here, I would say 'slow and steady' with emphasis on the 'slow'...

mpt68 (Wade K.)

Date Posted: 3/24/2020 9:30 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Anton, I was referring to situations where a postal clerk erroneously slaps postage due on a disc which has sufficient postage according to postal regulations. SACD has the ability and willingness to contact a point person who works for the USPS and they in turn contact the specific postal branch.

Anton S.

Date Posted: 4/26/2020 5:29 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Yes, I've got dinged incorrectly for overdue postage a couple of times and had to "write it off."