Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: What does this message mean?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
MrD (Constantine D.)

Subject: What does this message mean?
Date Posted: 2/4/2020 1:59 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I requested a CD on 1/9/2020 with my 1st credit and it was marked as mailed on January 16.  I still have not received it,  I understand from the rules that 21 days have to pass before I can get my credit back and it is declared lost in the mail. 

That being the case, what does the below message mean - i.e. what is the "Date of system action"?   Is that the end of the 21 days?   (seems like it)

If so, does the credit happen automatically or do I have to contact SwapaCD?

"USPS estimates arrival before 1/28/2020
Date of system action: 2/6/2020 12:00 AM ET
DO NOT contact us before this date!"

I also PM'ed the sender to ask for the tracking number (if there is one).  Haven't heard back yet.

Last Edited on: 2/4/20 2:00 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
MusikLover (VALERIE L.)

Date Posted: 2/4/2020 2:57 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

MrD, if you do not mark it received by the deadline SwapaCD will declare it lost in the mail.

Then you should get your credit back unless there is another copy in the system, then the system will order another copy for you with that credit.

This does not mean it's lost, it could be delayed or delivered to wrong address or they never mailed or mailed late

If they cannot order another copy for you SwapaCD will put it on your wl in the number 1 spot.

If this will mess up your points for other titles you need to re-rank that title ASAP.

Points are earned daily. 

Last Edited on: 2/4/20 3:01 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
MrD (Constantine D.)

Date Posted: 2/4/2020 4:44 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Thank you so much Valerie, that was very helpful.

The CD in question is a gift for a friend.  If I can't get it here, there are others she wants that I can try for.

MrD (Constantine D.)

Date Posted: 2/29/2020 11:39 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Update:

The CD eventually arrived!   It took over a month.  It was unusual that this happened, especially since the guy sent it 1st-class.  He did however put his own stamps on it and when the package arrived, there was a big stamp on it saying "non-machine."   I do not know if that affected the transit time, but maybe it did.

In any case, this serves as an example of times where the CD gets lost for weeks but eventually shows up.  I was able to contact Swap A CD and the guy got his proper credit.  And they were able to cancel another request for the same title that i had put through when I thought I had to start over.

My friend got her CD and was happy.  smiley