Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Does CD in a cardboard sleeve = cd + front/rear insert?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
tchdwn (Thom D.)

Subject: Does CD in a cardboard sleeve = cd + front/rear insert?
Date Posted: 2/12/2019 10:54 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I requested a cd posted as having the attributes of disc, front and rear inserts. The cd that I received came in a promotional cardboard sleeve. Does what I was sent meet the requirements of “front and rear inserts?” 

This wouldn't normally be an issue for me but in this case I need to display the CD in an actual jewel case and won’t be able to do so with the version I was sent.

Thoughts?

TY,

Thom

Buckeye (TIMOTHY T.)

Date Posted: 2/12/2019 11:03 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Wouldn't this be similar to all "digipacks", where the case is also the front and back art? 

tchdwn (Thom D.)

Date Posted: 2/12/2019 11:24 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Good point. I guess that I still consider a digipack to be a “case,” as it has a cover that opens and a cd tray. A digipack would better serve my needs because it would be display-able like a standard CD.

Buckeye (TIMOTHY T.)

Date Posted: 2/13/2019 7:20 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I suspect with the "go green" trend, we can expect more cardboard packaging.

djtal (Daniel T.)

Date Posted: 2/13/2019 8:00 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

If the cardboard sleeve was the officially intended packaging for retail sale, then yes it qualifies as front and back art.  If the intended artwork for normal retail sale is different than the cardboard sleeve used for the promotional version, then no, the sleeve does not qualify.  I think you'll find words to this effect in the site's Help docs.

zombiewarrior (Steve P.)

Date Posted: 8/24/2019 9:57 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I wish the site would add a new option such as 'cardboard sleeve/disk' since there is definitely a difference between a disk only and a disk that comes in a cardboard sleeve.  There are a lot of 'disk only's' that interest me but it's too much of a hassle to pm the swapper to ask if this is a disk only or a disk that came in a cardboard sleeves. 

Daddy-O (Brad S.)

Date Posted: 10/6/2019 5:14 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Generally speaking, yes.