Discussion Forums - CD Bazaar

Topic: Unpostable: Erin Propp with Larry Roy - Courage, My Love - ALL ARTWORK - TR

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
jasong (Jason G.)

Subject: Unpostable: Erin Propp with Larry Roy - Courage, My Love - ALL ARTWORK - TR
Date Posted: 9/1/2017 3:13 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Samples: https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/erinpropp

Songwriting duo Erin Propp and Larry Roy have found a special chemistry in their collaboration.

Larry Roy is a high-profile figure in Winnipeg’s jazz community. His jazz guitar has been a welcome addition to stages and recordings for several decades—his recordings include Wicked Grin with Steve Kirby and Quarter to Three with Marilyn Lerner. Roy is also a sought-after recording engineer, with at least eighteen production credits, as well as several in production at the moment. He has written and performed for film and television, and is a faculty member in the Jazz Studies Program at the University of Manitoba.

If Roy brings a depth of experience to the collaboration, singer Erin Propp balances it with a certain freshness. A recent graduate of the Jazz Studies program, Propp has given her folk roots some sturdy technical and artistic grounding, and she knows how to use her voice. She has a crystalline sound, unaffected delivery, and an irresistible emotional frankness.

Together, Roy and Propp write songs that are shapely, provocative, and intimate. Their debut CD, Courage, My Love, offers the best of their live repertoire. The album consists of orchestration as spare as an acoustic trio (voice, bass & guitar), to a full electric band. From banjo to strings, Courage, My Love covers a lot of musical ground while maintaining a cohesive effort, producing a sincere, clean and clear first album!

Last Edited on: 6/5/18 10:07 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
jasong (Jason G.)

Date Posted: 12/31/2017 3:12 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

bump - still available!

jasong (Jason G.)

Date Posted: 2/3/2018 10:25 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Still Available. As always - there is a 2 for 1 offer on my CD List.