Discussion Forums - Opera & Vocal

Topic: Opera and Classical music lovers

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Kristi B.

Subject: Opera and Classical music lovers
Date Posted: 8/19/2006 3:11 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Hello, I am a great admirer of opera and have been for many years. I have an extensive collection of both opera and classical music. I hope their are others out there that share this love of such beautiful music as I. Hoping to hear from some of you.
A L M.

Subject: search by composers?
Date Posted: 8/19/2006 3:17 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
I am also into classical music and opera largely. I just posted my first group of discs. Although I am not planning on "spending" my credit immediately, I thought I would look to see what was listed. I may be just missing something but I think it would be useful to be able to search by composer. This isn't necessarily restricted to the classical genre, since I might well be on the look out for Rogers and Hammerstein or Gilbert and Sullivan with less emphasis on a particular artist. Is there a way to do this or is there likely to be eventually?

APup
Kristi B.

Subject: search by composer
Date Posted: 8/19/2006 3:23 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Hi pup, have you typed in Rogers and Hammerstein in the Search area?? Is that what you mean??
A L M.

Date Posted: 8/19/2006 5:37 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
I just tried that and came up with no match; tried Gilbert and Sullivan as well thinking maybe that might work but no luck. I just put the suggestion on the feedback page.
Jillian W.

Subject: Musical resources
Date Posted: 10/14/2007 10:44 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Greetings.  I am a classical musician, specifically a mezzo soprano.  I teach privately and have acquired several great piano and vocal books.  I know this is cdSwap, but there isn't this genre on the PBS forums and I thought perhaps some of you may have interest in these tools either for teaching or performing purposes.  Please feel free to peruse my list on PBS.

ALl the best,

Jillian W.

Virginie D.

Date Posted: 5/3/2008 2:39 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I love opera but I am no expert.  I once listened to the Opera Box and heard recordings by Fanny Heldy which I found enchanting -  I see only one CD listed and of course NO copies available :=(  Our local library does not have one either.  I hope someone eventually post one copy for users here.