Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Can't figure out how to respond that I have a cd already. Help!

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
showme (Lee B.)

Subject: Can't figure out how to respond that I have a cd already. Help!
Date Posted: 2/26/2014 11:23 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Hey, folks, I received an email yesterday that a cd that I have had on my list for awhile is available, but I didn't have enough money available (plenty of credits, though). My problem is that I went ahead just a few weeks ago and bought this at Amazon. I came to my account page and tried to figure out how to contact Swapacd or the seller to let them know that I don't need this anymore. I went ahead and removed it from my wish list last night while I was on the site. This morning, I received another email from swapacd about this cd. I'd like to let somebody know that I don't need this cd anymore (though I really wish I could have gotten it through here! :(  Can someone tell me how to inform them that I don't need this anymore? Thanks very much for your help! Lee

djtal (Daniel T.)

Date Posted: 2/27/2014 6:41 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Look for a Cancel button near the CD of interest.  That will allow you to cancel the trade.  If there is no Cancel button, then the option to cancel has already gone away.  Probably because the sender has already printed the shipping label.  You can send a PM to the sender and ask him to cancel.  He might be willing to do that.  But then again, he may already have put the CD in the mail.  Ini that case, all you can do is trade the disc back out again after it arrives.

showme (Lee B.)

Date Posted: 3/5/2014 12:31 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Ok, thanks. I think it passed on me anyway, since I didn't have the $$>

Kathryn C.

Subject: Cancelling a CD
Date Posted: 8/5/2015 9:39 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Like LeeB I had a CD on my wish list for a long time. In the mean time I bought it on Amazon. There really needs to be a grace period for accepting a CD like there is on PaperBack Swap!

MusikLover (VALERIE L.)

Date Posted: 8/5/2015 11:56 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

You can set items on your wishlist to 48 hour offer or Auto-Request.  

On 48 hour offer you have 48hrs to get credits and money and accept the offer or you can click DO NOT WANT. If you do not accept the offer you lose your place in line and you lose all the points you accumulated. 

On Auto-Request the offer will be automatically be accepted if you have credits and money.  No credits and money means you will be skipped but keep your place in line.