Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: When you mark a CD RWAP...

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
tradewithme15022 (Andrea A.)

Subject: When you mark a CD RWAP...
Date Posted: 3/25/2013 10:08 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

When you mark a CD RWAP do you let the person who sent it to you know why?

update: just wanted to ask because I received a CD that was not only dirty with smudges and grime but very much worn and scratched. I sent the sender a note saying that it did not work in any CD players and would not even download to my computer so that I could get a good copy. I told them I had to mark it RWAP. They accused of me of illegally making a copy of the disc (which I didn't do) and ranted on how to never get items from them again and that I was rude and harrassing them.  So now, I am thinking, maybe next (if it ever happens again, this was my first RWAP on SwapaCD) that maybe I should not send a note?

Last Edited on: 3/28/13 9:56 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
djtal (Daniel T.)

Date Posted: 3/26/2013 10:37 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Most of the discs I receive with a problem are busted to pieces in the mail.  I scanned a picture of the multiple pieces of a disc pulverized in the mail and sent it to one sender.  It made a believer out of him and he vowed to never package according to "site guidelines" again.

14 (Lars N.)

Date Posted: 3/26/2013 10:56 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Communication is always good, so when I have received a cd with a problem and marked it as such, I have always sent the sender a message telling him/her why.

TracyB (Tracy B.)

Date Posted: 3/29/2013 4:01 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Absolutely let them know why you RWAP'd it ..... when they send you something that's dirty and smudged, they KNOW it.   To come back and accuse you ... is just a pathetic attempt at "defending" themselves.

The last nasty CD I received (CD actually worked) ..but the artwork had greasy splotches (yuck) and two sided tape on it.   I did receive it in .... but I let them know that the artwork was going into the trash.

racingtweety (Jennifer W.)

Date Posted: 3/30/2013 8:29 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Wow he sure got defensive. He knows he was in the wrong in posting the item and is trying to turn it around on you. I would continue to note why you mark something RWAP here or the other sites. I haven't had to mark anything RWAP here yet but I especially would like to know if a disc was damaged if there was something I could have done differently in wrapping. I learned on swapadvd to use bigger pieces of bubble wrap to keep the disc in, after having a couple marked in RWAP one of the members messaged me and told me what happened, so I was able to change my wrapping technique to keep it from happening again.

As far as putting cd's on the computer, I have to rip a cd to my library in order to put the music on my mp3 players, there are 4 in my home. Otherwise, I could never transfer the music! As long as you own the cd it's allowed.

Azimuth (David H.)

Date Posted: 4/23/2013 1:01 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

A few weeks late, but...

That sender was not trading in good faith, and was abusing the site (and the receiver!). If I knew who it was, I would quietly ask the site to bar them. I would suggest that you do this for everyone's good. This was a scamster, and this is not their dumping ground.