Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Who Posted a Disc

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
djtal (Daniel T.)

Subject: Who Posted a Disc
Date Posted: 7/20/2007 8:04 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I just saw a great disc newly posted today.  I already have that disc, but I thought that whoever posted it might have some other good discs that I might want.  The problem is that there's no way I know of for me to find that person's CD Tower just based on the disc he posted. 

Advertisement (Bret H.)

Date Posted: 7/20/2007 12:02 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Actually, there is.  What you do is order the disc, hit the "pm" button to see who it is (but don't send a message at this point!), then cancel the request.  You have 1 hour for "buyer's remorse" before the request is sent to the person who has the CD.

From the help desk:

The REQUESTOR can cancel a request up until the time the wrapper is printed by the sender.

• In fact, there is approximately 1 hour's delay between the time a CD is first ordered and the time that the request is submitted to the sender.
  • This allows for "buyer's remorse," so that the requestor can easily cancel if she changes her mind, without the sender ever knowing about the request.
  • If the requestor sends a Personal Message to the sender by clicking on the request, however, that 1-hr delay will be eliminated, and the CD request will be submitted immediately at the time the PM is sent.
djtal (Daniel T.)

Date Posted: 7/20/2007 12:24 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Well, it seems a bit round about, but it does offer a way to do it.  If I do that repeatedly, will it have any effect on my standing on the site?  Will it show up as a Cancel in my Credit Registry?  Thanks.

Advertisement (Bret H.)

Date Posted: 7/20/2007 5:50 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

That I don't know; but since "buyers remorse" was deliberately designed in, I would tend to think it wouldn't have any effect on your standing.  I also expect it won't show up as a cancel in the credit registry, but the only way to find out is to try it.

noodlesalad (Shelly P.)

Date Posted: 8/4/2007 8:50 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

It does show up in your in your transaction archive & in your credit registry.  But I don't know if it counts against your standing. I did it oncem when I was trying to order from someones tower  but when I clicked on the CD it was from someone eles's tower so I had to cancel it from them and go to the other tower.

Classicana (Anna B.)

Date Posted: 8/4/2007 10:00 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Daniel,  this is just my own opinion, but I can't see how that could affect your membership -  do you find them all that often?  You wouldn't be causing anyone to mail cd's that you don't want, or even to respond to a request that you intend to cancel.  There is nothing in the Help Center (to my knowledge) that says you can only have  'buyers remorse'  X number of times - - -