Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
Similarly Requested CDs
Member CD Reviews
Dawn T. from MCCORDSVILLE, IN
Reviewed on 10/24/2006...
Great collection of all of my country favotites!
Totally Country, Finally
Funkee Monkee | Hampton, GA USA | 06/08/2004
(5 out of 5 stars)
"1. Only In America - (5/5) This is a great song and a nice message. It's not neccessarily like Toby Keith and Darryl Worrley's "worship the US" songs (although i like those to, hehe) yet simply a song that points out the positives in the good 'ol USA.
2. She Couldn't Change Me - (5/5) Montgomery Gentry is one of the best new country acts...Then I found out they weren't even knew! I hope their newly acquired fame lasts, because they release the funnest songs. I got their CD "My Town" and, with the exception of "Speed", the other 2 singles from this aren't even some of the best!
3. With Me - (4/5) It gets boring to me. Like another reviewer said, the fiddle adds a nice touch. Otherwise, I like some of their other songs, like "I'm Already There", "Walkin' in Memphis" and their newest one better. But I guess this was their recent one, at the time of the release.
4. Without You - (4/5) I'm not a huge fan of Dixie Chicks, except for "Travelling Soldier", but this was a nice song. I don't listen to it often, because the lead singer's voice annoys me, but when I do listen to it's nice.
5. On A Night Like This - (5/5) a little overplayed, but a cool song that a lot of girls, especially teenagers/early 20s, can relate to.
6. I Lost It - (5/5) I can listen to Kenny all day. His voice isn't remarkable, but it's distinguishing and he hasn't released a bad song in his entire career. Just another song to add to my Kenny collection :P Very pretty song that shows Kenny's sensitive side, as he professes his love and shows that he's not afraid to show his emotions.
7. Angels In Waiting - (3/5) I only like the chorus. The chorus is AWESOME, but I think the rest of the song is kind of bland. That may be because I'm just not a fan of hers, but the chorus earned all those points. Which is a rarity-usually the chorus is the worst part.
8. Born To Fly - (3/5) I'm SO sick of this song. To this day, it remains somewhat overplayed on my local country station (KICKS 101.5). Luckily, it's starting to die down. But I was never crazy about this song. THe beginning is the kind that you hate but it gets stuck in your head, anyway.
9. Austin - (5/5) This song, although not as popular, is better than his 2002/2003 song "The Baby". Really pretty, and in story form.
10. One Voice - (5/5) I love Billy. He's so talented. This, even, isn't the best song of his. "Oklahoma" and "Elisabeth" are easily better. His first 2 albums are better than his more recent one. This is a pretty song, about our violent culture.
11. Where The Blacktop Ends - (4/5) I don't really like Keith Urban that much, except for "Raining on Sunday" but this is a fun song.
12. One More Day - (5/5) very pretty song that anyone who's lost someone can relate to. I probably played this to death after a friend of mine, Nathan, died earlier in the school year.
13. It's A Great Day To Be Alive - (5/5) Fun song. It is a bit overplayed, but it's a nice, feel-good song.
14. I Want You To Want Me - (1/5) err obviously, this isn't my style. I'm more into contemporary country...so I didn't take to this song. The background music is obnoxious.
15. The Little Girl - (5/5) I've loved this song since I first heard it. It goes along with "The 11th COmmandment" by Collin Raye but with a different perspective/background.
16. Buy Me A Rose - (4/5) I always thought of Kenny Rogers as an old-time singer, so I was surprised that I liked this song. I'm glad I gave it a chance isntead of being an ignorant..yeah ^_~
17. There You Are - (5/5) Martina is an amazing singer. Second, in female standings, only to Reba. Another beautiful song, although not as good as "Concrete Angels" and "To All the Girls".I think this CD was lacking some essentials to a totally country CD. Reba McEntire, for example, is a great you just don't exclude. I wouldn't have minded if they had put an older song. I hope the newer TC includes "Someone", or w/e her most recent one is called.Most of the songs on this CD are quite good, so I gave it five stars. Sorry this was so long ^__^"
Beverly J. Scott | 02/18/2003
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I found this CD and had to buy it. All these great hits in one place? How could I pass it up? This CD is great to listen to because it has such a variety. A CD no true country fan should be without!"