Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
So, this is what we danced/listened to in 1988???
Reginald D. Garrard | Camilla, GA USA | 04/24/2005
(3 out of 5 stars)
"After the passage of seventeen years, this soundtrack is mostly for fans that have an interest in music of the era than for those that happen, by chance, to remember the Gregory Hines film. The songs are a mixture of pop, R & B, and down-home blues, with a roster that includes Teena Marie, James "J.T." Taylor (former frontman for Kool and the Gang), Regina Belle, legendary Etta James, jazz great Stanley Clarke, and Hines himself.
The cuts are:
1. "Bad Boy" - Teena Marie
2. "All I Want is Forever" -James Taylor and Regina Belle
3. "Baby What You Want Me to Do" - Etta James
4. "Strong as Steel" - Gregory Abbott
5. "Forget the Girl" - Tony Terry
6. "Can't Escape the Rhythm" - Gregory Hines
7. "Lover's Intuition" - Amy Keys
8. "Somebody Like You" - Melissa Rowan
9. "Max's Theme (Instrumental)" - Stanley Clarke
10. "Free" - Gwen Guthrie
Personally, to me, the best cut is the last one, a song of social commentary and challenge, heavily influenced by tribal drums and featuring the Temple University Concert Choir under the direction of Rev. Timothy Wright.