Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
Mega Movie Mix
Genres: Pop, Soundtracks, Children's Music
Poppin' hits from your favorite movies are available on one new mega CD! It's the movie soundtrack CD with all the fresh songs you need to rock out! Your favorite movie hits featuring your favorite artists, like Hilary Duf... more »
Poppin' hits from your favorite movies are available on one new mega CD! It's the movie soundtrack CD with all the fresh songs you need to rock out! Your favorite movie hits featuring your favorite artists, like Hilary Duff, Raven, Lindsay Lohan, A*TEENS, the Cheetah Girls, and more, on one album!
Similarly Requested CDs
The "Ultimate" Music collection
Sam | Houston, TX | 05/17/2004
(5 out of 5 stars)
"As much as you may deny it, each one of the songs on this album has had you humming along or even drawn you to the theatres to check out the motion picture. "Mega Movie Mix" is filled with the latest Disney artists performing some of the biggest Movie hits from the last few years.The highlight tracks include "Miracles Happen" from the amazing Latin pop Buena Vista Recording artist, Myra from the "Princess Diaries" Soundtrack. Jump 5 delivers a fun song "Welcome" from the Brother Bear soundtrack. The A-Teens cover of Elvis' "Can't Help Falling in Love" is another fan favorite, along with the rock version of "Happy Together" by Simple Plan.Although not as widely popular as others, the two tracks by Raven "Superstition" and "Grazing in the Grass" have proven to be fan favorites although they don't bring much to the album. Lindsay Lohan, who has been making it big in the movies, brings two of her latest "Ultimate" and "Drama Queen". While I would have included some other tracks that have been left out ("Dancing in the Streets" by Myra)... some songs are surprisingly included that get the "skip" button from me. The addition of The Cheetah Girls' "Cinderella" (a corney knock off of Play's version) is still a mystery to me. Oh, and how could we forget.. Miss Hilary Duff also brings a remix of "Why Not" as the title track. While I may be able to skip on Hilary's music, the album wouldn't be complete without the Lizzie Mcguire Movie theme.Kids, Teenagers, and Adults are sure to love this album. No matter what genre type music you are a fan of, this album could be seen in just about anybodys collection."
Just the right amount of Disney-ness!
teenieaddict | Philippines | 06/18/2005
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Brilliant. Just brilliant. Once I heard this album was coming out, I knew I had to get it. In 2 reasons, I love Disney movies and I love their soundtracks. To you Disney lovers like me, you'll like this must-have collection too.
Here's my review on the songs on this album's track listing:
1. Hilary Duff / Why Not (McMix) - The original version maybe better, but nevertheless this remixed version is still a keeper.
2. A*TEENS / Can't Help Falling in Love - Bubbly and energetic. If Lilo & Stitch could make you feel like a kid, this song makes you feel like a total tween!!!
3. D Tent Boys / Dig It - Loved Holes? Love this! Not really the CD's highlight but come on, the stars of the great movie collaborate to make a great pop-hop song! Who knew Shia LaBeouf could rap?
4. Lindsay Lohan / Drama Queen (That Girl) - Lindsay Lohan = great actress + great singer! It maybe your average teenybopper song but we know everyone wants a dose of bubblegum-pop sometimes!
5. Raven / Grazing In The Grass - Don't you just love Raven? She proves once again here that she can produce fun songs and be a TV star at the same time! A real role model...
6. Simple Plan / Happy Together - Rock rulez! Disney is not all about pop stuff, but it also welcomes other genres as well. This is a sign of Disney making the transition from pure pop to pop-rock.
7. Atomic Kitten / The Tide Is High (Get The Feeling) - If Lizzie could sing this at the movie's start, why can't we? Including this song here in the CD is a wise move, not only because it's fun to listen, but also because it reminds us of the movie that made Lizzie a pop star!
8. The Cheetah Girls / Cinderella - I wanna be like Cinderella...ahhh, the times. My cousin likes this song and it's one of the things that binds us together (coz I like it too).
9. Krystal Harris / Supergirl - At first you'll like it, but it could get annoying at the middle. Nevertheless, Princess Diaries fans will be happy that this song is included here.
10. Jump5 / Beauty and the Beast - Personally, I don't like this song. I grew tired of listening to it in Disneymania, but they still included it also here!!! NO!!! Oh well, I'll skip this one.
11. Lindsay Lohan / Ultimate - Rock out, Lindsay! Besides her rocking on her debut album "Speak", let's not forget the song that made us love Freaky Friday (which is one of my faves) and Lindsay herself. Just what I needed to hear.
12. Shaggy / Keepin' It Real - What happened here? I like Shaggy especially on the song "Angel", but this one is total garbage! Skip this one too.
13. Raven / Superstition - Not exactly her best song, but this song gives the great creepy feeling in the "Haunted Mansion" movie. Go, Raven!
14. Jump 5 / Welcome - Unlike "Beauty and the Beast", this song is much, much better. Not only with inspirational lyrics, "Welcome" gives that sort of rock-groovy feeling that's very infectious.
15. Myra / Miracles Happen - Much like "Supergirl", which starts good but gets annoying, this song will take a while to be loved.
Overall: I give this album a B+. Despite some bad eggs (songs), don't let them get in the way of you buying this album. This is surely an album to remember and will be one of the highlights of your CD collection in the years to come.
P.S.: To all Disney & teeny music haters, please keep your mouths shut...or...keyboards shut. We are not criticizing the kind of music you adore so you don't have any right to trash-talk our kind of music. If you don't like teenybopper stuff, we respect that, but just keep it to yourselves. In that way, we'll have no business to each other. Clear?
Mega Movie Mix!
Sam | 06/25/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"1-Why Not (ReMix)- I like the remix better than the original, it's fun. (8/10)
2-Can't Help Falling In Love- I made up a tap dance to this song, very fun and bouncy. (10/10) -My favorite song on the CD
3-Dig It-I'm not a big fan of this song. It's not on "repeat" but I don't NORMALLY skip over it (7/10)
4-Drama Queen(That Girl)- I think this song is just plain weird. (6/10)
5-Grazing in the Grass- This was my cousin's dance recital song last year. It's fun, it's peppy, but it's by Raven. (8/10)
6-Happy Together- I don't know. Definetly not the worst, definetly not the best. (7/10)
7-The Tide is High- My dad absouletly loves the song. I used to to, but it got boring after a while. (8/10)
8-Ciderella- Let me just say I hate the Cheetah Girls. They were fine when I was eight, but I'm not eight anymore! (5/10)
9-Supergirl-This song is okay, easy to sing along to, but definetly not my favorite. (6/10)
10-Beauty and The Beast-I absolutly LOVE the remix of this song!! Made up a dance to it, even! (10/10)
11-Ultimate-Uggh, another Lindsay song?? Fun to dance to but way old. (6/10)
12-Keepin' It Real-It's allright. Only heard it a couple of times. (6/10)
13-Superstition- All I can say is I am not a fan of Raven. (5/10)
14)Welcome- I only heard this a couple times but the times I did I liked it! (7/10)
15-Miricles Happen-A classic for Disney mixes, pretty good. Fun to dance to. (9/10"