Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
Gay Classics 2: Out Standing
Genres: Dance & Electronic, Special Interest, Pop
Mostly original hinrg mixes continue the series...
Daniel W. Kelly | Long Island, NY United States | 08/25/2005
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Hot Productions does a good job once again of assembling many hard to get 12" versions on CD. Breakdown here:
1. Cruisin the Streets (6:24)
2. Stay With Me (5:23) (no, it's not the female singer of the 90s and today, this is a male vocalist from the 80s)
3. stormy weather (7:39)
4. I Like You (7:04)
5. Native Love (5:13) (this is the ORIGINAL hinrg mix, not that clunky breakbeat remix found on some Divine compilations)
6. action (5:09)
7. eat you up (5:45)
8. he's number one (5:36)
9. passion (9:02) (one of many mixes of this song, this version is very slow)
10. she has a way (5:53)
11. they say it's gonna rain (6:37) (the big disappointment here, this is a rerecording, not the original Stock Aitken Waterman production--the reason this disc gets 4 stars)
12. West End Girls (7:52) (this is the original Bobby O production, before the Boys had a record deal with EMI)"
NICE SELECTION BUT AN UNEVEN MIX
G. A Siessel | Leesburg, Florida United States | 04/18/2003
(3 out of 5 stars)
"I ordered this CD due to the fact that I danced to these tunes in the 80's and they were great songs.As I listened to the selections I had no problems with tracks one through four. The "Native Love" (#5) track sounded different than I was use to but I chalked that up to the fact that I had a different remix on a 12" single. Then came tracks #6,7, and 11. Where did these versions come from??? The compiler should have stuck with the original 12" mixes that people are familiar with from the Dance Clubs. The "They Say It's Gonna Rain" track is obviously from Hazell Dean's 'updated' CD (Hazell...what were you thinking???). If you are looking for the original Dance/12" versions of those particular tunes then pass this one by. If 'updated' versions of classic dance hits don't bother you then by all means reach for this CD."