Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
Disco Years 3: Boogie Fever
Genres: Dance & Electronic, Special Interest, Pop, R&B
Chronicling the much-beloved/maligned genre from its rise in the mid-'70s to the early 80s, this seven-volume series features all of disco's greatest artists, biggest chart hits, and most important underground club smashes... more »
Chronicling the much-beloved/maligned genre from its rise in the mid-'70s to the early 80s, this seven-volume series features all of disco's greatest artists, biggest chart hits, and most important underground club smashes. Guaranteed to make you get up and boogie!
Similarly Requested CDs
They Call It Boogie Fever
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Again, Rhino dishes up more good disco from the 70's. Highlights include the favorites "Rock the Boat", "Get DOwn Tonight", "We Are Family" and "Bad Girls", as well as the not-as-often-encountered "Soul Makossa" and the rather mature (for disco anyway) "Young Hearts Run Free". A few of the tracks simply never did it for me - "Dancing Machine" sounds like a parody, and the liner notes don't lie when they call "Get Off" possibly one of the most annoying disco songs ever. In all, another good collection for you if you "want some ack-SHAWN.""
Not as good as Volumes 1 & 2, but better than Volumes 4-7
Ryan A. Rigg | 04/04/2005
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Rhino had so much success with Volumes 1 & 2 of this series that they issued 4 more volumes in 1992. In my previous reviews for CD's in this series, I mentioned some disco songs that I wished had made it on previous volumes. The same holds true for these subsequent volumes. Most of the songs here are all great songs, but many of them I already had on the individual artists greatest hits compilations.
The 5 Star songs included here are:
1. Rock the Boat - The Hues Corporation (the first official disco record)
2. Get Down Tonight - KC & the Sunshine Band
3. I Love the Nightlife (Disco 'Round) - Alicia Bridges
4. Get Off - Foxy (the liner notes call this song annoying, but I love it and I also love this groups other hit from 1979, "Hot Number")
5. Macho Man - The Village People
6. Young Hearts Run Free - Candi Staton
7. Le Freak - Chic
8. We are Family - Sister Sledge
9. The Glow of Love - Change (featuring Luther Vandross on vocals)
10. Knock on Wood - Amii Stewart
11. Bad Girls - Donna Summer
The 3 Star songs(OK, but not great) included here are:
1. Boogie Fever - The Sylvers
2. Doctors Orders - Carol Douglas
3. Dancing Machine - Jackson 5
4. Love Machine - The Miracles
5. Dance (Disco Heat) - Sylvester
6. Hot Shot - Karen Young
The 1 Star song that could have been left off all together as far as I am concerned:
Soul Makossa - Manu Dibango
11 great songs, 6 good songs, and 1 dud is not bad for a compilation CD. Believe me, some of the later volumes get worse than this one. Recommended."
Get Down Tonight
Glenn R. Chappell | Portsmouth, VA USA | 05/15/2004
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Get Down Tonight, Get Off and Soul Makossa. I love all these songs. They stand the test of time. Donna Summer, Village People and Sylvester. The very best from the disco era. This is a must have collection for any true dance/ disco fan."