Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
Genres: Jazz, New Age, Pop, Latin Music
Good start for a Great Guitarist
Papetti | Mexico City | 09/13/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This is Torcuato's rookie album and a good one.
Compared to some of his subsequent CDs though, this "Estacao Paraiso" project, falls a bit shy of the mark (great technique and great compositional skills but it sounded still experimental, like trying to find his definitive identity), but nonetheless a good start back in 1994 for who's become a major player in Brazilian Jazz.
What's amazing especially for a first-time project of this magnitude, is the huge amount of great Brazilian Jazz players who contributed here with Torcuato; check the list:
- Torcuato Mariano / Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Midi Guitar, Keyboards, Programming.
- Armando Marcal / Percussions
- Leo Gandelman / Soprano Sax
- Rique Pantoja / (ex-Cama de Gato member) Keyboards on cuts 1 & 9
- Renato Neto / Electric Piano
- Flavio Venturini (ex-Clube da Esquina member) / Piano & Vocals
- Joao Batista / Bass Guitar
- Cidinho / Percussions
- Carlos Bala / Drums
- Paulinho Calazans (Djavan's band member) / Electric Piano & Programming.
- Arturo Maia (Cama de Gato member) / Bass Guitar
1) Um Trem P'ra Uberaba
2) Sobre O Mar
4) I Can't Help It (Vocals by Ana Leuzinger)
5) 2350 (Superb cut)
Check it out before it goes Out of Print for good.