Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
|Kenny Lattimore, Chante Moore|
Things That Lovers Do
Genres: Pop, Rap & Hip-Hop, R&B
With the release of this gorgeously produced album of duets from R&B singers and real-life couple Kenny Lattimore and Chante Moore, pure romance receives its ultimate soundtrack. Two things make the collection distinct: th... more »
Listen to Samples
With the release of this gorgeously produced album of duets from R&B singers and real-life couple Kenny Lattimore and Chante Moore, pure romance receives its ultimate soundtrack. Two things make the collection distinct: the pair's innovative choice of songs, and the album's sequence, which follows a narrative arc of flirting, dating, sex, love, marriage, honeymoon, and the aftermath. Beautiful but almost forgotten love songs get new life, notably "With You I'm Born Again"--famously recorded by Billy Preston and Syreeta--and Lionel Richie's "Still," Keith Sweat's "Make It Last Forever," country singer-songwriter Clint Black's "When I Said I Do," and Ashford & Simpson's "You're All I Need to Get By" and "Is It Still Good to You." Lattimore and Moore's married status makes this material resonate. The intimacy underscoring the spare, elegant "Still" is palpable, and when the pair question their devotion in "Is It Still Good to You," there's no doubt they've been down that road for real. Lattimore and Moore can also sing; indeed, the two could make the Yellow Pages sound sensual. And if there's any doubt about the album's effectiveness as an aphrodisiac, consider the warning label on the back: "This project may cause pregnancy," it screams before coyly adding, "Well, we got pregnant just making this album, so proceed with caution!" Point taken. --Kim Hughes
Similarly Requested CDs
M. Waters | Maryland | 04/21/2003
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Kenny Lattimore's and Chante Moore's joint project, "Things That Lovers Do" is the perfect collection of love songs sung by two people who are so obviously in love that you truly believe the words they are singing. My only criticism for this CD is that I would probably have not chosen "Still", but Lattimore's and Moore's performances in the song were great - the performances for all of the songs were great!Kenny Lattimore's and Chante Moore's voices go perfectly together and you have to laugh to yourself while reading the back of the CD: "WARNING! This project may cause pregnancy!" The couple then goes on to state that they became pregnant while recording the CD and to proceed with caution.This is the perfect CD for people who would like to set the mood for love and passion, or for those who just want to hear really passionate music. I was so thrilled that Lattimore and Moore covered the Keith Sweat hit "Make It Last Forever"! This already was a favorite of mine, but Moore and Lattimore put their own flair on it, making it even better (something I thought wasn't possible)!Definitely go out and buy this CD whether it's for a romantic evening with your significant other, or if you just to feel romance and passion through song. You will not be disappointed!!!"
Two Great Singers.......
E.H. | st.louis by way of chicago | 02/11/2003
(4 out of 5 stars)
"i have always been a fan of both of this singers. Chante has never gotten the credit of being a REAL singer! Kenny has that smooth laid back voice (like Maxwell)...on this cd these two singers become one...... all the songs are re-makes but two. im not a re-make person but they make it work here! this is a sit back and chill cd. i think there should have been more songs but, oh well. here is what i think about the songs:1. Things That Lovers Do...mid-tempo groove that is real nice (4)
2. You Dont Have To Cry...great just great. Chante brings it.(5)
3. With You Im Born Again...the vocal shine. great song (4)
4. Love Saw It...it was cool, they had to put in an up-tempo song (4)
5. Loveable...this is a my favorie a laid back song (5)
6. You're All I Need...not as good as the orginal but a good listen (4)
7. When I Say I Do...this is a wedding song very nice (4)
8. Close The Door...this one is ok, but ya cant mess wit Teddy!(3)
9. Here We Go...i really liked this one. the really vibe on this one.(4)
10. Is It Still Good To You...almost as good as the orginal.(4)
11. Make It Last Forever....it ok, not as good as the orginal. (3)
12. Still...i didnt like the orginal but i like this one (4)"
Collection Must Have (corrected review)
Smootchez | Michigan | 02/11/2003
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Kenny and Chante are an extraordinary complement to each other's voice and talent on "Things That Lovers Do". Their first CD as a married duet combines original songs and previously recorded songs producing 12 wonderful songs just in time for Valentine's Day. From the 12 tracks, only "Is It Still Good To You" will probably receive less playing time than the others. I like the remaining 11 tracks equally. Though I can comment on every track here's several that stand out:
* "Things that Lovers Do" and "Loveable (From Your Head to Your Toe)" are such sexy song! Their voices display an incredible blend making for sensual tracks.
* On the remake of "You Don't Have To Cry" there's the feeling that two souls found each other after going through past heartaches.
* "With You I'm Born Again" previously recorded by Billy Preston and Syreeta is delivered with the same strength and heart. A beautiful remake.
* When Karyn White and Babyface originally recorded "Love Saw It" I thought the lyrics were extraordinary, but wasn't impressed with their voices. Kenny and Chante bring this song new life.
* So many female singers attempt to remake Minnie Riperton's classic, but Chante succeeds when she sings "Here We Go".I was so anxious to listen to the CD that I didn't look at the insert until I completed the CD. Inside the couple provides quick-n-sweet sentiments for recording each song. The above comments were written before reading the insert; I now have a deeper appreciation and understanding of each song. As their love continues to grow, I hope to add many more CDs from this gifted couple."