Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
Twinkle, twinkle, little star
Worldwatcher | 06/08/2004
(5 out of 5 stars)
""There Is A Star" was such a big hit back in the mid 90's when this album was released, but I found myself spending long hot summer days and nights listening to every track. Not at all strange, as Pharao was musically pretty much the most innovative eurodance group back then. But like the rest, it was a short-lived theme duo, failing to see the new millennium. Pity, because although I got a bit tired of Kyra Pharao's voice, the group's music has something I haven't bumped into in any dance-related genre ever since."
One of the best albums
Worldwatcher | 03/15/2004
(5 out of 5 stars)
"One of the greatest eurodance albums ever. Will not be forgotten..."
GREAT EuroDance/Techno/Pop from Germany
andy | Cleveland, OH | 02/15/2004
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This album from 1995 is like "Gold in the Pyramid" just waiting to be discovered, but it will touch your soul more than any Gold could. Extremely Underrated album.
It delivers Great songs from the beginning to the End. It picks up your spirits and touches your heart, and makes you want to listen to these Amazing songs over and over again. It contains some Fast EuroDance/Techno songs with Angelic Female Vocals, Male Rap and AWESOME Synthesizer/Techno Beats, and also much Eastern Influences (you feel like you're in Egypt). All songs are GREAT, I repeat GREAT Pop, and most are Guaranteed to make you move, and they are all so Damn Catchy. Also, if you did not like rap before, I Guarantee you will start to appreciate it after listening to this CD.
All songs on this album were written by German Composers/Songwriters Alexander Hawking, and DJ Stevie Steve. They are so Talented!!
I've had this album for about 7 years (back from the Good old days of EuroDance), and the songs still send Shivers down my spine, yeah send shivers down my spine. The music is So Powerful, it just picks you up, and does not let you down. Great Feeling!
The album starts with a cool Intro.
Than It is followed by Fast UPLIFTING, MELODIC and EMOTIONAL songs with AWESOME Techno/Trance strings, Female Vocals, and Male EuroRap (the Best Rap in the World done here by Deon Blue):
2. King Pharao
3. I Show You Secrets
4. World of Magic
7. Gold in Pyramid
9. We Got the Key
6) "Eternity" - is Dance/Synth but is a bit Slower, but still Beautiful and Melodic.
8) "Beautiful Flower of the Bad" - is a short, Very Slow composition, like an Interlude, very Beautiful.
10) "It's Your Way" - One of the Best Slow Love Ballads I've ever heard. It's a Very Emotional song, and has some rap too.
12) "Christmasland" - also a Slower Pop song; this one is about Christmas time (One of the best holyday songs I've ever heard), and I always listen to it on Christmas, a Tradition of mine :)
5) "Dance of the Snake" And
11) "Rave Like an Egyptian" both are more of an Instrumental tracks, Catchy, with Great Techno Beats. They are not as emotional, and have fewer Lyrics, but still Great.
13) "I show you Secret (Unplugged)" - this is a Genius Remix. It starts out Acoustic, with a plain Guitar, but eventually builds into a Mind-Blowing Techno/Trance song, yeah a Killer Track.
You could probably tell by my review, that this album is a MUST-HAVE..... for anybody who likes Quality Pop music, or Synth/Techno music, likes to Dance, and is a Romantic at heart.
I really like listening to this CD in the Dark, because it just brings out the Beauty of all the songs.
Also make sure to Check out Pharao's second and unfortunately last album "The Return" from 1998. It's very Rare, and was never released in USA, and Amazon does not carry it. But it's as Good (maybe even Better) than this album. There aren't as many Fast EuroDance songs, the Rap is Gone, but the sound of the album is still very Synthy, and it has some of the most Beautiful Pop and Love Ballads as well.
Thank You Alexander Hawking and DJ Stevie Steve for years of Musical ecstasy.
Thank you for reading this Review, and I hope you enjoy this Amazing album."