Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
|Nat King Cole|
Genres: World Music, Jazz, Pop, Broadway & Vocalists
Budget-priced 1996 compilation on Prism featuring 18outstanding recordings by the late legend, including his top10 smash 'Darling Je Vous Aime Beaucoup', the top 30 'TheSand And The Sea' and many of the memorable covers he... more »
Budget-priced 1996 compilation on Prism featuring 18outstanding recordings by the late legend, including his top10 smash 'Darling Je Vous Aime Beaucoup', the top 30 'TheSand And The Sea' and many of the memorable covers he didlike 'Unforgettable', 'Mona L
Similarly Requested CDs
Samuel Chell | Kenosha,, WI United States | 03/25/2003
(3 out of 5 stars)
"The consumer should know that these recordings, though of "acceptable" audio quality, are all air shots collected from Nat's own radio show. Even the scripted announcements are included with each of the tunes. Nat collectors may be interested; others might prefer to look elsewhere in the comparatively vast galaxy of Cole recordings."
"several are very rare originals ~ Nat King Cole"
J. Lovins | Missouri-USA | 02/14/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Capitol Records presents the 12-Inch LP recordings with lush arrangements inclusive "Unforgettable", another smooth release featuring Nat "King" Cole...many recent domestic and import releases have used the title "Unforgettable", but this is the original LP album...a tenderness in his voice, completely flawless his style of making a song his own has never been duplicated...within this album we have rare selections, some are timeless and remain classics, while others are songs that have never seen the light of day....but this release is a dream come true...more selections from the greatest entertainer of our time!
The twelve tracks include:
1. Unforgettable (Irving Gordon) - the ultimate Cole Classic.
2. Portrait of Jennie (J. Russell/G. Burdge) - the theme from the title film, featuring Jennifer Jones, Joseph Cotton,
Ethel Barrymore, David Wayne and Cecil Calloway
3. What'll I do (Irving Berlin) - classic American standard performed by our favorite artist.
4. Lost April (Newman/Spencer/DeLange) - forgotten gem only to surface on this album.
5. Answer Me, My Love (Winkler(Music) - Rauch (German Lyric) - Sigman (English Lyric) - Cole Classic
6. Hajji Baba (Dimitri Tiomkin-Ned Washington) - from the title film, featuring Tony Curtis and Piper Laurie
7. Too Young (Sid Lippman/Sylvia Dee) - Cole Classic.
8. Mona Lisa (Jay Livingston/Ray Evans) - Cole Classic
9. (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons (William Best/Deek Watson)
10. Red Sails In The Sunset (J. Kennedy/H. Williams) - wonderful performance by Nat
11. Pretend (Douglas/Parman/LaVere) - Cole Classic
12. Make Her Mine (Chester Conn/Sammy Gallop) - another forgotten gem only to surface on this album.
Brilliant counter melodies interwoven with lingering arrangements by Nelson Riddle that instantly became classics...beautiful and heartfelt ballads with classic orchestrations...Nat and Riddle's studio recordings are simply captivating...with tender lyrics that bring two lovers together...almost like your wedding vows, Nat sings this from the heart and you're loving it...throughout the evening sample this with your favorite partner...as Nat completely takes charge savoring wonderful memories of the good times.
Nat was awarded a posthumous plaque to the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame, naming him one of the major early influences on rock 'n' roll...they'll never be another pass this way again...thank you Captiol for this release of Nat "King" Cole for the decades of music that followed...his songs will remain with us always and forever...just the way we like 'em!
Total Time: 36:36 on 12 Tracks ~ Capitol 46736 ~ (10/25/1990)"