Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
|Lisa ", Left Eye", Lopes|
Eye-Legacy [Includes Bonus DVD]
Genres: Pop, Rap & Hip-Hop, R&B
Legendary. It s an overused word that gets thrown around the music industry a bit too easily and without much thought. This one is a legend, that one is a legend. However, many of these so called legends come, go, and are ... more »
Listen to Samples
Legendary. It s an overused word that gets thrown around the music industry a bit too easily and without much thought. This one is a legend, that one is a legend. However, many of these so called legends come, go, and are barely remembered. No one however would ever question applying the status of legendary to TLC one of music s most endearing and enduring acts ever. With over 45 million albums sold worldwide, TLC set trends and broke sales records from their initial 1992 release Ooooh....On The TLC Tip through their final studio recording of 3D in 2002. Tragically, the story of TLC was cut short with the untimely death of its most charismatic and outspoken member Lisa Left Eye Lopes.
It wasn t just the TLC legacy that got cut so sadly short with Left Eye s sudden and tragic passing however it was the burgeoning and yet to be told story of Lisa herself. With the release of EYE-Legacy , that story is finally ready to be told to the millions of adoring fans that have been waiting for material from the voice and personality that made TLC so special in the first place. From the TLC ish bounce of Let s Just Do It featuring T-Boz, Chilli, and Missy Elliott to the soon-to-be teen sensation Block Party featuring Lil Mama, Eye Legacy offers a fresh twist on the only collection of unreleased songs created and performed by Lisa Left-Eye Lopes. Other notable collaborations include Bobby Valentino, Chamillionaire, Free (106 & Park), and others. This album is a tribute to Left Eye as an artist, the music she left behind, and the life she led as a creative and spiritual rapper, singer, songwriter, friend, daughter, and sister.
Similarly Requested CDs
A good effort 3.75 Stars
Well, BLEEP You Too | A Southern Californian Forced into Washinton state | 02/07/2009
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Ever Since Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes made a rap remix to Baby-Baby-Baby, I waited for the day she would release a solo rap album. Then in 2001, sort of came Supernova, which sadly never saw an official American release. Luckily, the are no shortage of imported copies here On Amazon. Now, The Lopes Family and friends bring us Eye Legacy, a collection Supernova remixes and b-sides, previously unreleased songs, and Lisa verses from Non-American TLC Tracks. Eye Legacy pretty much does what Notorious BIG's Duets: The Final Chapter does - remixes mostly old material with today's artists to make it current and up to date. And While the new verses from the newly recorded vocals by Missy Elliott, T-Boz, Chilli, Lil Mama, ETC. aren't bad, A lot of the Supernova remixed tracks remove material that made the tracks stand out. Unlike The Biggie Duets, The Material here never was in Stores in the US
My Take on some tracks :
1. Let's Just Do It - This was actually a track that never made it to FanMail and was left off of Supernova. Originally, done by Lisa and T-Boz with 3 verses by Lisa. This Version has been ruined. 2 verses only : 1 by Lisa, one by Elliott. While Missy adds a great verse, It would have still worked as a 4th, if you ask me.
2. Block Party w/ Lil' Mama - Supernova' first and only single. Originally, this was my least favorite Supernova Track. Lil' Mama spit 2 excellent verses making it worthy of it's title "Block Party". To me, it's an improvement over the original and it happens to be my second favorite track, not that nothing is wrong with the original, it just wasn't my favorite track. This Lil' mama Version just has more of a feeling like you're at an actual Block Party.
3. Legendary, Formerly Untouchable w/2Pac - The removing of 2pac ruined the song. It's probably due to it's explicit lyrics and the Fact That 2pac's verses were remixed on Pac's Life. if It were up to me, I wouldn't even miss with Untouchable.
4. Neva Will Eye Eva - An Excellent Duet between Lisa and her sister, Reigndrop. My favorite track. Just Listen to the lyrics or search them online.
5. Let It out - Originally "Tampered with", one of 2 Supernova Japan Tracks and Block Party B-sides. This is one of the few songs on the album that vocally went unedited. Since I own the UK release of Supernova, I missed out on Tampered with so I am grateful for this being on the CD. Tampered with, Let it out - Whatever they want to call it. I'm glad to have it. Great new instrumental track.
6. Forever - Originally "Friends", The other B-side and Japan Track. See My Take on Let it out. Same situation and I feel the same way.
7. Cherry Cherry (Japan bonus Track) - A great track that was wrongfully taken away from America.
8. Through The Pain - Lisa's first Rap verse comes from The Japanese Release of 3D bonus Track "Who's it gonna be". Not Sure where the rest of her raps come from. While Through the pain is good, "Who's it gonna be" would have been a better choice to put on
Owners of Supernova may not enjoy the remixed track as a lot of them had Essential Lisa material removed for new material.
1. Easier to get a hold of in stores than Supernova
2. Some Unreleased material
3. 2 Supernova B-sides were added vocally unedited.
4. Some Of Lisa's verses from Non-American TLC Tracks
1. Censored - But not too many songs are explicit.
2. Re-used material
3. The US was Shorted 3 tracks.
A. Cherry Cherry (Japan Track)
B. Let's Just do it (Japan Mix) - This features The Eye Legacy version of the instrumental of the original Fan Mail Cut so It's not much of a loss here. T
C. Forever (Japan Mix) - This special Remix replaces the US version. I Think It has a better beat than The US version and the original "Friends" beat
THE DVD Features 5 scenes removed from The Last Days of Left Eye, which after viewing, I can see why It didn't make the documentary.
While a good effort was made for this album and it's still a worthy purchase, Supernova outshines Eye Legacy
Top 5 Tracks
1. Neva Will Eye Eva (FT. Reigndrop Lopes)
2. Block Party (FT. Lil' mama)
3. Cherry Cherry (Japan Bonus Track)
5. let it out/Tampered with"
A Good Effort Was Put Forward
Dorrie Wheeler | 02/03/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"The late rapper Lisa Left Eye Lopes was well loved. The former TLC member died tragically in April of 2002. Mass Appeal Entertainment and Eye Reign Entertainment have released a very special music project that fans will truly appreciate. "Eye Legacy" is a two-disc set that includes a CD of unreleased music from Lisa Left-Eye Lopes and a special bonus DVD which features unreleased footage from the DVD "The Last Days of Left Eye." The CD features 14 songs in total. The first single released from the compilation is titled "Let's Just Do It." TLC and Missy Elliott are featured on the song. "Eye Legacy" has a real up beat tone to it. The production on the album sounds very current. Guests artists such as Lil Mama, Bobby Valentino, Free, Chamillionaire, Wanya Morris of Boyz 2 Men, and Ryan Toby and Claudette Ortiz from the group City High round out the guest artists that make "Left Eye Legacy" a good CD to listen to start to finish. "Left Eye Legacy" has a really good sound to it and it's a complete CD. It doesn't sound dated. Stand out songs on the album include "Crank It" which features Left Eye's sister Reindrop Lopes.
Fans of Lisa Left Eye Lopes who purchased her album "Supernova" which was released overseas and available for purchase worldwide will recognize some of the vocals on the album. The song "Legendary" features some lyrics from the song "Untouchable." The song "Untouchable" featured the late Tupac Shakur. "Legendary" is a nice song but fans will recognize the chorus if they picked up "Supernova." The song "Block Party" was the first single from the foreign released "Supernova." The song is featured on "Left Eye Legacy" and is re-worked featuring Lil Mama. Fans will have to decide which version they like better.
As far as post-humus CD releases, "Left Eye Legacy" is a good listen and fans of Lisa Left Eye Lopes should be pleased. The DVD portion of the release features unreleased footage from the DVD "Last Days of Left Eye." The footage features Lisa Left Eye Lopes in Honduras with a group of young women. In the footage Lisa provides them with a tour of the village that they will be staying in. The group exercises in one clip and in another clip Lisa explains the annoyance of mosquitoes.
"Eye Legacy" is a satisfying release. The up-tempo songs will provide fans with listening enjoyment.
Very Good CD !! Judge for yourself. Dont listen to reviews!
Xavier Rodriguez | East Chicago, Indiana United States | 01/29/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I was a bit skeptical when buying this CD because of all the reviews I have read, some good, some not so good. BUT i decided to give it a try and i was plesantly surprised. This is very well made, the songs are catchy and the production is great!! Also came with a DVD of Lisa in Honduras and its very interesting to watch how she loved to get away from the rich city life of LA and enjoyed the simple things in life. If you are a TLC or Lisa fan, dont hesitate on getting this. But i think new fans will also enjoy the CD as well!!"