Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
Scream & Whisper
Genres: Folk, Pop, Rock, Classic Rock
Similarly Requested CDs
He's back and ON FIRE! This one is brilliant.
Scott Deans | Redmond, WA United States | 11/24/2004
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Yesterday, I nearly fell headfirst into the carpet at the music store when I saw "Edwin McCain" on the cover of a new CD. It's been three long years, and I didn't think he would even release another album after the precipitous drop in quality of his last two albums. I was instantly nostalgic and welled up a bit, remembering how much his music has affected my life.
First of all, I'm a huge fan - likely one of his biggest fans. I must admit that I was wildly disappointed with "The Austin Sessions" and "Far From Over", his fourth and fifth albums. I feared he had lost the eager edge, the creative muse, the gritty passion that led to him to pen the songs that have moved my spirit so many times. As a musican and songwriter, I learned to play guitar by learning Edwin's songs, and my own work is heavily influenced by his acoustic heartfelt sound. Edwin was my musical hero for years during the releases of his first few albums, but I was concerned that his career was nearly over.
Well....he's BACK and ON FIRE with this record, and it is brilliant! Back are the beautiful melodies, satisfying woodwind textures, vivid stories, the soaring heartfelt harmonies that actually move you deep down in the heart, and the chills that creep up your back when he hits just the right note over just the right chord. I nearly cried when I came to the end of Track 13, feeling so satisfied with the music and relieved that my old hero didn't fizzle out forever.
If you've ever bought one of his other CDs, you will adore this brilliant return to American music."
One of the greatest
Dillow | Gallatin TN. | 07/23/2004
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I went out about a week ago to Rivergate Mall in Nashville Tennessee,and purchased Edwin McCain's CD Scream & Whisper. Let me be the one to tell you that this CD is one of Edwin's best if not the greastest. His songs are filled with so much raw emotion and feelings that you want to continue to listen to his music for many months to come. Several songs deal with real life situations and beliefs that one can relate to.
1. Coming Down: One of the top three songs on the CD. Has a great chorus to it. One you will listen to a lot. 5/5
2. Shooting Stars: Another great song, filled with Edwin's believes on things such as people being to reliant on matieral things. Great song. 5/5
3. Throw it all away: An above average song that deals with how one can forget about all the good times in a relationship and throw it all away (no pun intended) 4/5
4. Say Anything (feat. Mala Sharp): This is Edwin's first single off the album and man is it a good one. Deals with communication issues in a relationship. One of his best on the album. Songs likes this make me wonder why he is not headlining a major concert in New York or something. 5/5
5. Turning Around: Another good song that deals with him chaging everything around in his life and starting over. Great Sax playing. 4/5
6. Couldn't Love You More: Personally, this is MY favorite song on the entire CD. Another song that shows Edwin's feelings and it shows it well. This song has been on repeat for a while. 5/5
7. Good Enough: An average song here nothing great. The chorus is good, and the beat is good. 3/5
8. Farewell to Tinkerbell: The concept of this song is kinda weird, as he sings this through Peter Pan's eyes. Its a good song though, though it is still a weird subject for a song. 4/5
9. How can you say that to me: A good song here that deals with his "woman" telling him lies in a relationship. Good song here with a good message here. 4/5
10. Day will never come: Great song here mixed in with good guitar work from band member Pete Riley. If you look at the lyrics, you can tell its a good song. 5/5
11. Save the Rain: A good song, but not one of my favorites. It a "toe-tapper" if you want to call it that. Still a good job by Mr. McCain. 4/5
12. White Crosses: A VERY heartfelt song that you will end up listen to several times. Some parts of the song make me sad. Good song once again that shows Edwin's emotional side. Note that it is a long song. 5/5
13.Wild at Heart: Good song that deals with death and how he feels like he is running out of time. Don't let the description of the song fool you though, because it is quite good. 4/5
*BONUS TRACK* 14. Maggie May: Taken from Rod Stewart's single, Edwin puts his own spin on the song. A great last song for the CD. It puts the whole CD in a full circle. 5/5
BOTTOM LINE: I am biased because I like Edwin, but this is a CD that is a must get. It makes me wonder why he is now known worldwide like he should be. But none the less, YOU SHOULD BUY THIS CD RIGHT NOW. GET OFF THE COMPUTER CHAIR AND GET THIS CD!!! Thanks for reading."
Scream & Whisper
mccain-presley | Dayton, OH United States | 06/22/2004
(5 out of 5 stars)
"If you've been left out in the dark this past decade & overlooked this amazing artist, now is the time to get up & take notice! Edwin McCain is without a doubt the most under rated artist of our time. His new cd seems to be more autobiographical than previous releases & I gurantee his story won't disappoint! Do yourself a favor & pick up a copy today! From the catchy Shooting Stars & Coming Down, to the statement that Good Enough makes, and the love he yells from the rooftops in Couldn't Love You More...this is sure to be a favorite in your collection for years to come."