Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
Similarly Requested CDs
Magic in the Score!
DJ With The Fire | USA | 08/01/2002
(5 out of 5 stars)
""Magic in the Water" is truly one of the greatest movie scores I've ever heard. I was younger when Magic in the Water was released so I wasn`t particularly interested in the music. But as I was watching it a few weeks ago, I was blown away by the score, and without a shadow of a doubt, I purchased it! The theme is amazing, beautiful, and extremely memorable. Personally I would consider the theme up there with any of John Williams' themes; it truly is the essence of the score. Here are my track ratings:1) Clouds - Frank Gets Orked - 5/5 this is one of the best tracks on the album; extremely uplifting with a variation on the main theme; extremely uplifting; then scary near the end
2) Ride to Glenorky - 5/5 this is another great track with the main theme; the only thing more I could ask is for it to be longer (but that's what's great about Track 8)
3) Uncle Kipper - 5/5 starts out with a jungle-style ethnic flute solo (or something like that) and then another sub-theme for the second half of the song which is gorgeous; excellent
4) Oreos for Orky - 5/5 a great track; nothing outstanding but it is really pretty and great to listen to
5) Ashley Gets a Grip - 5/5 this track is the only track that contains frightening music (which is excellent, by the way); near the beginning, though, it's sad-sounding due to the movie-content; it's got a tidbit of choir too, which is always candy to my ears; one of my favorites
6) Grow Up - 5/5 this is the saddest track but it's really pretty at the same time
7) Come, Must Hurry - 5/5 this is one of the greatest tracks with unique Indian-chanting and a very different but beautiful ethnic flute melody
8) Sand Castles/The Lake - 6/5 my favorite track; this is from the scene where Jack is telling Ashley a story while making a sandcastle; basically just the main theme through the whole track which makes it the best
9) Damn Monster Huggers - 4.5/5 this is an okay track; the 'bad-guy' theme is kind of corny, but I still enjoy it; not a bad listen
10) Joe Pickletrout - 4.5/5 this track is hysterical! It reminds me of some song used to square-dance to; it's a fun track, though (I think this is played in the background during the carnival or whatever where Ashley and Josh were at)
11) The Kids Chase Orky/Dorky Sinks - 5/5 this is great track; it starts out with a bagpipe melody along with strings that reminds me of Scotland and the Loch Ness Monster (which was probably was his intention); awesome track!
12) Orky's Cave - 5/5 yet another excellent track; it includes a sad variation of the main theme near the end, but more happy at the beginning;
13) Ashley and Jack/Transformation - 5/5 this track is great; it also brings back the chanting from Track 7 and also other great stuff; as good as the rest of the score.So with this great score, I have one last thing to ask: where in the world is this `David Schwartz?!' As far as I know this is one of only two movie scores he's composed. I would totally love to hear more from this guy, because if any of his other music were like this, he's bound to fly up to the top of the "score-chain" earning himself a huge name."