Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
Genres: Dance & Electronic, Alternative Rock, Pop, Rock
Limited edition release with all 11 tracks from the three CDsingles compiled onto one disc: seven mixes of 'Joga' (HowieB Main Mix, String & Vocal Mix, Buzz Water Mix, Album Version, Alec Empire Mix, Alec Empire Hardcore M... more »
Limited edition release with all 11 tracks from the three CDsingles compiled onto one disc: seven mixes of 'Joga' (HowieB Main Mix, String & Vocal Mix, Buzz Water Mix, Album Version, Alec Empire Mix, Alec Empire Hardcore Mix 1 & and Alec Empire Hardcore Mix 2), 'All Is Full Of Love' (Choice Mix), 'Sod Off', 'Immature' and 'So Broken'. 1997 One LittleIndian release.
Bjork "Joga" U.K. 11-Track Maxi-Single
(3 out of 5 stars)
"1. Joga(Howie B. Main Mix)-This track is a variation on the album version with very few minor differences (namely extra beats and a few new noises at the end). The beats are more "thumping" than on the album version, but the strings are retained so it sounds just as beautiful.
2. Joga(String & Vocal Mix)-This is basically an orchestral version of the album track. very nice.
3. Joga(Buzz Water Mix)-a toned down mix. Mostly vocals and some soothing keyboard and distant beats (which you can barely hear, sounds like when someone is wearing headphones and you can barely hear the beat of the song they're listening to). Further into the song, they put in a kind of annoying noise.
4. All Is Full Of Love(Choice Mix)-This is the album version without the harpsichord. I bet the majority of people couldn't tell the difference though.
5. Joga(Album Version)
6. Sod Off-WONDERFUL non-album track with very powerful strings. This is Bjork putting her foot down.
7. Immature (Bjork's Version)-a very stripped down version of the album track except with newly recorded vocals. Think acapella with piano. I actually like this version a lot.
8. So Broken-another fantastic b-side. this one features acoustic guitars. nice.
9. Joga(Alec Empire Mix)/10. Joga(Alec Empire Hardcore Mix/11. Joga(Alec Empire Hardcore Mix-all 3 of these sounded the same to me. It's basically just NOISE with scattered vocals. Ruines the song, totally useless.
So aside from the last 3 tracks and the unecessary "all is full of love" version, this CD is worth getting, mostly for the B-sides"
More calmingly effective than "yoga":>
Beketaten | Pangea | 02/22/2003
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This contains ALL the remixes of jóga, and all the other songs from the three-part jóga single.
The howie b. remixes are great, the buzzwater remix is beauteous, the string and vocal mix is gloriously stripped down to its orchestral roots...and the original is the strikingly beautiful song we know and love...and the Alec Empire remixes are...Noisily energetic and gorgeous:>
The Choice mix of all is full of love, however, is unnecessary and without much discernable difference from the orignal at all. But besides all that, the extra songs, such as Björk's groovy, semi a-capella version of immature, the dramatic Sod Off, and the heartwrenching and beautiful So Broken, really aid in taking one on a glorious musical journey.
This is a great release no Björk fan should be without."
Alec Empire=My savior
Jack Baur | Eugene, OR United States | 08/27/2001
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This CD is a must for two reasons: 1) So Broken: One of Bjork's all-time greatest B-sides (and true fans will know what an honor that title is), with beautiful, soaring flamenco guitar in place of the usual sonic oddities under Bjork's always beautiful lyrics and vocals. 2) The Alec Empire Joga, the scariest, most engrossing, most unbelievably different Bjork reconstruction ever. Don't be thrown off by it, it's a dificult piece, but I promise you it's all there, just keep listening. To be perfectly honest, I've had this disc for some time, and couldn't even begin to tell you about many of the other tracks. Those tracks are so standout they eclipse everything else. Buy it buy it buy it."