Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
This Is Us
2009 release, the seventh studio album from The Backstreet Boys. On This Is Us, Nick Carter, Howie Dorough, Brian Littrell and AJ McLean collaborated with a powerhouse suite of producers and songwriters, including T-Pain, ... more »
2009 release, the seventh studio album from The Backstreet Boys. On This Is Us, Nick Carter, Howie Dorough, Brian Littrell and AJ McLean collaborated with a powerhouse suite of producers and songwriters, including T-Pain, Max Martin, RedOne (Lady GaGa's 'Just Dance' and 'Poker Face'), Soulshock and Karlin, Jim Jonsin ((Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop', T.I.'s 'Whatever You Like'), Brian Kennedy (Rihanna's 'Disturbia', Chris Brown's 'Forever', Jennifer Hudson), and Claude Kelly (co-writer Britney 'Circus' and Kelly Clarkson's 'My Life Would Suck Without You').
Similarly Requested CDs
Three steps forward two steps back...
Anastasia Beverhousen | USA | 10/06/2009
(3 out of 5 stars)
"Wow...just wow...where to start?! Let me say that I have been a fan of theirs since BSB first came on the scene (we're talking concerts, ALL their cd's, etc - I've even met the guys, who are great btw) I'm still a fan and they are one of the only bands who cd I buy on release day, but I must say this is the first album I'm a bit disappointed in. I understand wanting to make a pop cd these days means dance songs but these songs (and their lyrics) are beneath, I think, the audience they started with in the beginning - I think the younger, newer, fans will probably enjoy this album more than ones who've been following the guys for awhile. I enjoy dance songs as much as the next person but BSB is known for making a great ballad and bringing out their beautiful harmonies and that aspect seems to be lost on this album. They aren't a "clubbin'" band so while it's great to see them getting in touch with their roots and going with some more upbeat music an entire album of songs that sound similar to each other just doesn't captivate me as much as some of their previous albums. I'm glad to have them back but I'm hoping the next album wont make them out to be a bunch of boys - as they are now men."
Alendra Dior | San Diego, CA | 10/22/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I pre-ordered the album and I was so happy when I received it. The past 2 albums were just not very good to me and I have been a fan since I was 13 (I am now 24.) So, I was very happy when I listened to the album b/c it sounds like the old Backstreet Boys! I listen to it all the time and never seem to get tired of it. Here is my song review break down:
1. Straight Through My Heart: This is a GREAT song that the rdio stations just didnt get a chance! If this was anyone else's song it would have been a top 10 hit.
2. Bigger: This is the only sing produced by the great Max Martin that is responsible for most of BSB's past hits. This song was good, but it wasnt up to Max or BSB's standards. Not one of my favories, but still better than all the songs on the last 2 albums. I am unsure as to why this is going to be the 2nd single. It is like they are doing things like they did before they got big in the US. Their main attention is overseas. Maybe it will work this time around too!
3. Bye Bye Love: This one has a nice R&B sound. It doesn really sound like "Forever" by Chris Brown that much. I do, however, see a R&B singer making this a #1. BSB could make this a #1 if the stations would give it a chance. Very good song.
4. All Of Your Life (You Need Love): This is not a favorite. I wish this would have been replaced by Hologram, which didnt make the cut for some reason.
5. If I Knew Then: I LOVE LOVE this song! AJ does a great job with lead vocals. I see this being a hit! This should be the 2nd single! One of my favorites!
6. This Is Us: A lot of people didnt like this song, but I love it. It is one of those songs that grows on you the more you listen to it. It is one of my favorites. I see this being a hit.
7. PDA: This is a fun song to listen to. It reminds me of something like, "If You Want it To Be Good Girl (Get Yourself a Bad Boy)" from their debut cd! People seem to forget that it was fun songs like this that made them stars!
8. Masquerade: I LOVE this one! Has a great catchy beat. I see this being a hit! One of my favorites.
9. She's A Dream: I am surprised that this was the only one produced by T-Pain. I am not crazy about this song. I find it a but funny to hear them say "shawty." Still good, but not the best.
10. Shattered: This is the only actual ballad. Their vocals are amazing! The harmonies are wonderful, especially since they only have 4 part harmony now!
11. Undone: This is one of my bottom 2 songs on the album. I think this should have been replaced by one of the songs that didnt make the cut.
So, all in all... GREAT album! If people that were not fans before would listen and give them a chance, they would end up loving it.
This Is Us...and it is
Cookie | malibu, ca | 10/18/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I love this cd. I must admitt after Never Gone which was ok but not the best I was starting to think Bsb was finally going to be gone. But then came Unbreakable and I saw a glimmer of hope. And now This is Us, wow my Boys are really back.
It moves from pop to R&B to dance and I love it all. I love that some of the themes are more mature and I love that Nick sings about the booty...lol. Come on these men aren't boys anymore so singing about the booty is not that bad. I hope they keep moving in this direction and maturing their sound.
And omg they are still looking as hot as ever. I STILL MISS KEV though."