Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
Amor [Spanish Version]
Genres: World Music, Pop, Rock, Classical, Latin Music
Listen to Samples
Similarly Requested CDs
Every song is beautiful!!!!!!!
Richard D. Cappetto | Moodus, CT United States | 02/28/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
A voice like Andrea Bocelli's only comes along every generation or so, (if that) Caruso, Lanza, Pavarotti and Now Bocelli; They are my big 4. Not only does Bocelli have wonderful opera skills, but also tremendous pop singing skills, as well. As for classical singing; Bocelli's breath control is amazing; no one holds high, mid, and low notes (sang either intensely or softly) as long as Bocelli does. His diction is excellent; His tone is wonderful; His color is right in sink to the song being performed, dark or light, and all shads around those as needed. He has that tenor ring that can rise up over an orchestra, he sings just beautifully. As for his pop singing again it's spectacular; Bocelli can sing a pop song either in a classical way, or a bluesy way or almost anyway. He has tremendous versatility, I would rank him right at the top of pop singing for all time. Bocelli can sing big, bold, intense and beautiful, or can show us a soft side it seems like he is singing in one's ear, very sweetly and beautiful.
Amore: Is a CD (album) I have been Highly Anticipating; and it was worth the wait. Andrea burst on the scene (in the USA) with his fantastic recording ROMANZA, and So far on a few listens I would say this album AMORE ranks right up there with ROMANZA. Although I also Love Sogno, Andrea, and Cicli De Toscana (Bocelli's other pop CDs') as well. Bocelli's singing hear is Romantic, Passionate, and filled with Emotion and his voice will go right into your soul and provide you with delight. Bocelli has a certain vulnerability (for lake of a better word) in his voice (when he sings pop) that can fill you with peace. He is just amazing.
Amore is produced by David Foster along with co-producers Humberto Gatica and Tony Renis And the music hear is wonderful as well a stellar line up of the world's finest instrumentalists appear on Amore, Electric and acoustic guitarists, Dean Parks (Stevie Wonder, Billy Joel, BB King) and Michael Landau (Pink Floyd, Joni Mitchell, Miles Davis); on Spanish guitars, mandolin, charango, bajo-sexto and vihuela Ramon Stagnaro (Luis Miguel, Alejandro Sanz, Enrique Iglesias); on bass Nathan East (Eric Clapton, Phil Collins); on drums Vinnie Colaiuta (Sting, Marcus Miller, David Sanborn); on piano and keyboards Randy Waldman (Barbara Streisand, Kenny G, George Benson); on percussion Paulinho Da Costa (Prince, Quincy Jones, Herbie Hancock) and Rafaela Padilla (Gloria Estefan, Alejandro Sanz); on trumpet the acclaimed soloist Chris Botti as well as others.
The songs are
1. Besame Mucho - just a beautiful version, the ebst ever.
2. Cancion Desafinada - (with Stevie Wonder) spanish version of Canzoni Stonate, very cool.
3. Solamente Una Vez (You Belong To My Heart-Latin American) nice guitar work, really every song is musically excellent. Like the self harmony.
4. Somos Novios - (with Christina Aguilera) (It's Impossible) - Duet with Christina Aguilera, impressive singing by Aguilera and fantastic harmony.
5. Jurame - (with Mario Reyes) faster paced love song, great guitar work.
6. Pero Te Extrano Just beautiful.
7. Las Hojas Muertas -Autumn leaves, best version ever.
8. Momentos smooth (not included on the Multi Language release)..
9. Me Faltas - (with Kenny G) I miss you, just sad and beautiful.
10. Cuando Me Enamoro nice very nice.
11. Porque Tu Me Acostumbraste (not included on the Multi Language release) nice, just another beautiful song, every song on hear is beautiful.
12. Amapola -one of my favorite songs of all time.
13. Verano - (with Chris Botti) smooth really smooth, Spanish version of Estate, (not included on the Multi Language release).
14. Nuestro Encuentro Spanish version of L'Appuntamento.
This is a must have Bocelli essential CD, I would sugest you get both Amor and Amore."
A. Franco | East Coast | 04/08/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"As always, I love everything Andrea Bocelli does. I don't even think he gets enough credit when he sings opera,..he has a beautiful voice. I originally bought "Amor" after hearing him sing at the Olympics in Tornino, not realizing at the time, I purchased the Spanish version which does not have the Olympic song on it! A big disappointment,..but nevertheless, it is a beautiful and romantic album. I have to admit, I was quite surprised at Christina Aguilara,..her voice is quite lovely, however, I think for a moment, instead of singing with Bocelli, she thought she was singing with some Motown "hip-hop" dude,..honestly,..why does every song she sings have to sound like black R & B? For the most part, I thought,,"wow, this is nice, her voice is really beautiful",...then she had to add those extra wails and that "yeah, yeah",.which truly didn't even fit into the song.
That aside, the rest of the CD is beautiful. As someone else on these reviews stated, I could listen to Bocelli sing the phone book and think it was beautiful.
The best CD I've ever owned
Eve C. Barber | California | 07/16/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"What can I say about Andrea's voice. Superb...brilliant selection of songs, I want more CD's in Spanish by this artist. Please advise when I can purchase more."